UTMB Fall 2012 - Page 60Register Today!
- Apr 17, '12 by cak015Ok guys so I'm new at this. But I JUST got an interview for this week. I heard that all the spots are filled and that they are just interviewing for the "wait list" is this true? And if it isn't true could someone give me some pointers about the interview questions? Any help would be appreciated!!
- Apr 17, '12 by csmcjI sincerely hope they aren't just interviewing for the wait list; I'm going down there tomorrow for a second interview. It seems it would be a waste of their time and mine to call me down again (I live about 4 hours away) if there was no chance of being accepted (and yes, I know there's still a chance if I do get put on the wait list, but it's not quite the same as an accepted outright).
- Apr 18, '12 by josie25I also just got an invitation to interview next week and am hoping that it's not just for the waiting list.. I have a 3.1 gpa but am hoping that my volunteering and CNA experience will pull me through!
- Apr 18, '12 by csmcjInterview #2 was this afternoon. Overall, I'd say it went very well. I was told my application packet in general looked very good (especially my TEAS scores), but my GPA was a bit low in comparison to others in this application cycle (only 3.0). My interviewer told me that the admissions committee does take everything as a whole into account in making decisions, though, so who knows. I was told to expect a decision in less than 2 weeks, and also encouraged to reapply in spring if I don't get accepted, as I would likely have a very good chance for spring admission.
- Apr 19, '12 by LavenderButterflyHey Everyone! Soooo i haven't been on the forum for awhile. I've been on an AWESOME extended Spring break vacation. I'm so glad that I was able to just go away and relax and not stress too much over getting results from the schools that I applied to (although you can't completely forget about it all) Well anywho I came home only to find my SECOND REJECTION letter from UTMB. Mmmm it hurt for a second (not sure if I'm still in this euphoria from my vacation), but it certainly didn't hurt as much as the FIRST time! The first time I was rejected I contacted them to see why. The reasons they gave me weren't that major in my opinion (including not mentioning that I was an LVN in my statement or application?!?!?!) Anyway I made the few minor changes and reapplied only to be rejected again. I live in California and traveled to Galveston last year for the Information Session for the program. After visiting some other schools in the area (that I won't mention) I just knew that UTMB was the place for me. i guess I was wrong! I will still say that I loved the small feel of the campus and the great personalities of those that I met that day. Unfortunately I won't be joining them. I will NOT be reapplying to UTMB for a 3rd time! I'm not interested in setting myself up for the rejection. If a school can't believe in me and my potential then I will be more than happy to devote myself to a school that will. I applied to 11 (YES 11) schools. There was no way I'd be left out in the cold this time (I only applied to 2 last time and of course I got into the one I didn't really want to go to) So UTMB is my first rejection and I was waitlisted for one school and I'm awaiting responses for the others. I'm confident that I will receive some favorable responses, especially from the 2 interview opportunities I've already been (I wish ALL school gave interviews) For those that have been accepted congrats and to those still waiting to hear something back I wish you the best of luck. We will ALL REACH OUR GOALS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
P.S. For those wondering my stats GPA 3.63, Teas 81.7, I've been and LVN for 4yrs, management, home health, and acute care exp. As well as my RCFE license.
- Apr 20, '12 by cak015good luck everyoneLast edit by cak015 on Apr 20, '12 : Reason: personal
- Apr 20, '12 by HemphiaWell to those of you who were wait-listed, I have release my spot at UTMB. Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck!!
- Apr 23, '12 by hgoffJust wanted to let all you waitlisters know that last semester I got a call on the first day of classes that a spot had opened up and I was accepted into the program for Spring 2012. Don't give up, it's true you have a chance through the first day of the semester.
- Apr 23, '12 by BriandelsolHi Guys, I applied for Fall 2012, I applied with a 3.1 GPA and a VERY low score on the TEAS (68 to be exact) and i thought for sure there was no way in hell i would make it and that i set myself up for automatic rejection. I have alot of hours under my belt (more than 60) and all i really have left is to take chem over the summer. I got called in for an interview in the middle of march (WHOA!) and when I walked into that interview I gave them my BEST impression. Walking out of the interview i felt very confident, but at the same time i thought i would be rejected because of my low scores. After a month of waiting I received a letter... i really thought it would be a rejection letter, turned out it was a WAIT list letter! the fact that I can hit a wait list letter with such low scores but still land on the wait list, i encourage all of you, to JUST BE TRUE to yourself during your interviews, these people are looking out for how you are and most of all WHO you are. Scores are only a part of it. So now I pray everyday, that an underdog such as myself will be able to say that he is going to nursing school. Underdogs can get to that level as well, all they have to do is be true to themselves and prove to the staff that you REALLY want it, your interview is YOUR chance!
- Apr 24, '12 by hgoffI'm heading down to Galveston tomorrow to look for places to live..I'm considering having a room mate for financial reasons so if there are any females (clean, quiet, serious about nursing school, DOES NOT PARTY) who are looking to find a room mate, send me a private message.