UTMB Fall 2012 - Page 48Register Today!
- @punkydoodles: i applied 2x, 1st time was right in the middle of Ike (which was a couple of days b4 my bday) - my denial letter, a devastating hurricane, loss of power for weeks, couldn't return to work for 3 months because UTMB was destroyed, having to drop all of my classes in progress and probably one of the worst bdays ever, thinking I'd be one of the 3,000+ laid off, but they kept me, i moved forward, held on, stayed strong, pressed on, ...everything happens for a reason, and when the timing's right...perseverance. :spin:
- @ktdidit: that's freakin' awesome! congratz! *huge smile*
- Mar 23, '12 by ktdiditThank you! I'm grateful beyond words!
- Mar 23, '12 by amautmbI applied once before back in 2005. However, I did not finish the application process because of divorce and becoming a single parent as well as some health issues. I regret not sucking it up back then and figuring out a way but like you said...everything happens for a reason. Now is my time! Punkydoodles and ckjckj....you are both amazing!
- Mar 23, '12 by amautmbCongrats on the scholarships! That is amazing too! What a nice surprise.
- “Life is All About How you Handle Plan B
Plan A is always my first choice.
You know, the one where
Everything works out to be
But more often than not,
I find myself dealing with
The upside-down, inside-out version --
Where nothing goes as it should.
It's at this point that the real
Test of my character comes in..
Do I sink, or do I swim?
Do I wallow in self pity and play the victim,
Or simply shift gears
And make the best of the situation?
The choice is all mine...
Life is all about how you handle Plan B.”
- Mar 23, '12 by AmymitDid everyone's email have a paperclip for an 'attachment' that wasn't really there? ktidit were you awarded a scholarship with your acceptance letter? I need to get busy applying! I was told that Fort Bend County loves to give scholarships, I better start looking!
- Mar 23, '12 by ktdiditI had an attachment and part of the attachment was a scholarship offer!
- Mar 23, '12 by Amymit@ktdidit, I have a paperclp like the is an attachment, but there is nothing there that I can find! strange! Maybe I should call them on Monday...
- Mar 23, '12 by HemphiaAmymit - mine did the same thing. I called and they said that there isn't an attachment. I thought ir strange too I'm hoping to get some assistance for the tuition.