UTHSC-Houston Spring 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on UTHSC-Houston Spring 2013 in Texas State Nursing Programs, part of Texas Nursing ... Hi, I am new to allnurses.com and i wanted to start a topic for the Spring 2013 applicants at...by Ladybug3 Mar 1, '12Hi,
I am new to allnurses.com and i wanted to start a topic for the Spring 2013 applicants at UTHSC Houston. Where we can keep each other posted on the process as it nears. I have yet to take the HESI but i wonder if anyone else has taken it and what their score was. I will compile my GPA's later and post them on here.
Thanks for your comments
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=680918©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 125,786 Views
- Mar 4, '12 by pRaYeRfuLHello and welcome! I have taken the HESI. I cant recall my exact score right now but I know it was about a 90 overall and I think 830 for crit thinking . Hmmm... Pre-req GPA 3.444 and science 4.0, but I still need 2 more science classes so hopefully it will remain. I applied for Fall 2012 and I have my fingers crossed. I want this more than air lol... but if I am not accepted this time around, I will be applying for Spring 2013. Let me know if you need anything.
- Mar 4, '12 by Ladybug3prayerful, thank you for your response. I hope you make it in this up coming semester, if not maybe you can get it with me
- Mar 15, '12 by Ladybug3So i have calculated my gpa's and i realize i will have a 3.59 pre-req gpa and a 3.66 science gpa. I am going to apply for both Spring and the 2013 accelerated program.
- Apr 4, '12 by Lolo87Hey I am new here as well! I am going to be applying soon, but was wondering if y'all know how many hours I have to have completed before I can actually apply... I have 5 classes left which I will be taking in summer... Also I have already completed a AAS for radiology, and was wondering if yall think they can use some of those courses as my electives? Well good luck... I have taken the Hesi for Lsc but didn't take one section that is required, so will have to take it again
- Apr 4, '12 by pRaYeRfuLHi Lolo87! You must have at least 40 complete when you apply and 8 of them must be science pre reqs (a&p, micro, chem). They will probably be able to use something yu already have as electives... I think for me it was speech and my computer course. Welcome and good luck!!!
- Apr 4, '12 by pRaYeRfuL@Ladybug3... you already have a degree??? Also have you attended any info sessions?
- Apr 14, '12 by Ladybug3Sorry i'm responding so late. @Lolo87 prayerful is right, you need at least 40 hours completed and the 8 hours of science. I'm sure they will use your radiology courses as electives, you can always call and check (if you do call, please let me know what they say). @prayful yes i have a BBA in Accounting and I have only attended an information session at the University of Texas Health Science in San Antonio, for some reason all the schools have different requirements.
- Apr 15, '12 by dee1388Hello everyone, looks like this is the second thread that has been created. Here's a link to the first one:
Does anyone know how they look at "W's" I have 4 and was wondering if that is something that could keep me from getting accepted.
Has anyone applied yet?? taken the HESI??
- Apr 15, '12 by dee1388Quote from pRaYeRfuLI hope you do get in Prayerful!! Best of luck!Hello and welcome! I have taken the HESI. I cant recall my exact score right now but I know it was about a 90 overall and I think 830 for crit thinking . Hmmm... Pre-req GPA 3.444 and science 4.0, but I still need 2 more science classes so hopefully it will remain. I applied for Fall 2012 and I have my fingers crossed. I want this more than air lol... but if I am not accepted this time around, I will be applying for Spring 2013. Let me know if you need anything.