UTHSC-Houston Spring 2013 - Page 49Register Today!
- Sep 11, '12 by dee1388Quote from Cynthiap101My hesi is still pending... anyone else?They told me that until you send an official transcript (once you have finished all your courses) it Will continue to say that you have not turned it in.. Therefore you Will still have a yellow triangle.
- Sep 12, '12 by heavykevyQuote from Cynthiap101That's right Cynthia. Most of our class still had yellow triangles when we got the acceptance letter (it never changed for me). If you're taking prereqs currently this semester, they will have made the decision and sent you your acceptance before you even finish. You would still need to send a final transcript at the end of this semester to have all your requirements satisfied, by which time you'll already be enrolled, vaccinated and done with your CPR.They told me that until you send an official transcript (once you have finished all your courses) it Will continue to say that you have not turned it in.. Therefore you Will still have a yellow triangle.
If anybody wants to go ahead and get CPR out of the way (good for 2 yrs), now is a good time to work on that. Even if you don't get accepted, it's a valuable skill that you won't regret learning. You need BLS for health care providers class from the AHA (www.heart.org). Also, if you get free Flu shots and PPDs from work (you might if you're in health care), go ahead and make sure you get those too. I assume everybody should have Meningitis already (should have it if you're attending college)... you'll need that if not.
There's plenty of things you COULD be getting done early, but these are just some easy things that would still be beneficial to you or that you'll probably need anyways even if you don't get accepted.
- Sep 12, '12 by oceaniseQuote from dee1388Me too. Heck, I'm still waiting for my transcript evaluation. :\ I didn't apply to UTMB, but from what I understand they have a much earlier deadline. I'd kinda prefer that as well. Receiving a decision in Nov doesn't leave a lot of time to get things done (financial aid/loans and such)... especially with the holidays in Nov/Dec.I know! I feel the same way. When I submitted my application to UTMB, once it was completed they sent me an e-mail saying they had received everything and will contact me with an answer within 6 weeks or whatever ( which gave me peace of mind, knowing everything was good to go). I wish they did the same at UTHSC!
Thank you Hemphia and heavykey for your help/assurance. I'd also advise everyone to get the CPR class out of the way, and hopefully everyone's at least started the Hepatitis B vaccine series if they don't have it completed already.
- Sep 12, '12 by Kimbers2882This is really good to know in regards to getting a few of these things done early. At the info session, the of course tell you to wait on all that stuff....
- Sep 12, '12 by dee1388Hesi hold is gone! Now I only have a hold for a transcript. Im assuming it is for the last pre-req I am currently taking.
- Sep 12, '12 by desjt3[QUOTE=dee1388;6919005]Hesi hold is gone! Now I only have a hold for a transcript. Im assuming it is for the last pre-req I am currently taking.[/QUOTE0]
We are in the same boat Dee!
- Sep 12, '12 by HemphiaQuote from desjt3desjt - Yes I did have one C from MANY years ago, like 04 and it was in Comp 1. I also originally failed College Algebra and got a D in psych... I was more concerned with my social life then. I retook all but that C. So if you have a retake, they do not calculate that into your GPA... just your most recent grade (or better, I think).Thank you so much! I have the icky yellow triangle but I registered for my last pre-req before sending the school my transcripts...and they are telling me that is why the yellow triangle will remain there.
Silly question, did you have any C's on your pre-reqs? I have two.. the rest are all A's and two B's. The C's are in History 1301 and English 1302 from years ago when I took a ton of classes at once to get through them, not really concerning myself with B or higher. :/
My stats are very similiar to yours Pre-req 3.68 and Science 4.0 94.8% on HESI with an 820CT. Thank you again for the information, the wait is brutal but I will not be checking anything until mid November! It's out of my hands now!
I agree with Heavykevy - Start getting things like vaccines and CPR out of the way. You cannot do anything for your background check or drug screen yet. If you have everything else complete and you are accepted, it is less to accomplish over winter break.
- Sep 12, '12 by desjt3Thank you Hemphia, that gives me better hope!
- Sep 12, '12 by jayn108Just received my transcript evaluation today!
- Sep 13, '12 by marylynn70Hep series takes 6 months right? it needs to be completed before we start? I have had first one already....did titers for everything else....rubella came up as not immune...argh...so now i have to track down a rubella vaccine. I went ahead and got menengitis shot even though I'm over 30....not sure if I still had to have it. So if I have a green circle, I wont get a transcript eval right? That all is good?