UTHSC-Houston Fall 2012 Applicants - Page 38Register Today!
- Mar 4, '12 by nyctransplantThanks @pRaYeRfuL and @Krique39. I feel a little better. Like a group-hug-better. I'll definitely call this week. I'll post what they tell me. Hopefully it's something that makes sense!
- Mar 4, '12 by pRaYeRfuLYou bet! We all have to stick together... with our chins up lol
- Mar 4, '12 by nyctransplantBy the way, @Krique39, when did you complete your app? I had done my in October, but then they contacted me to resend my older transcripts (they were over 6 months old). I didn't get that done until mid December. I've wondered if that's why I haven't received a transcript eval yet (if, if, if they do it in some sort of order). who knows!
- Mar 5, '12 by nyctransplantok, so I called Admissions today. they said that they are still in the process of sending out transcript evals and, because they have over 900 applicants (so she said), there is a chance that there will be an overlap of when someone may receive it and when the letters of acceptance/decline go out (april 15ish). i was told that the evals are sent out randomly - no distinct rhyme or reason (which i thought, but needed to hear it). of course, she said i shouldn't worry just coz i haven't received mine yet. yup, easier said than done...
- Mar 5, '12 by pRaYeRfuLWell that is good news... kind of. I know it probably does not make you feel much better though. Now I am wondering how many applicants there were lol
- Mar 5, '12 by rmegsterThanks nyctransplant! You just saved me a phone call
Prayerful- uthsc told me that they had 900 total, but only about 600 of those were for the traditional program. That is still a lot of people though!
April 15th seems so late! There are other schools that have an acceptance/deposit deadline well before that date. Not that you couldn't always cancel your admission somewhere else, but that blocks a spot from someone else until the last minute, which is not very nice to do. It feels like an eternity!!
- Mar 6, '12 by Krique39@nyctransplant, I think that I finished my app at the end of November or the beginning of December. But I too had trouble with transcripts and they didn't get the last of those until January. So it's either that or who knows. Six of one...
- Mar 6, '12 by saraiishApril 15th! What's wrong with UT! They hands down take the longest to get apps done!
- Mar 6, '12 by Krique39Actually, I think that UT Arlington takes the longest. For the Spring 2012 apps, we turned them in June 1st and didn't hear back until around Thanksgiving (if they got your application at all). That's a long time to wait.
- Mar 6, '12 by saraiishwowwww my bad