UTHSC-Houston Fall 2012 Applicants - Page 105Register Today!
- Jun 6, '12 by megablackUpdate: Ok, so I went up there just an hour ago to turn in my acceptance letter. I asked why no one was answering their phone calls and the lady at the front desk said they just had an orientation, so they're a bit busy right now. I'm guessing it should die down at the end of this week.
- Jun 6, '12 by vintagepeonyI'm ACCEPTED too. I am so excited! Congrats to all the others that were also on the wait list that got in.
- Jun 6, '12 by megablackYay!! Congrats!! I just got an email a while ago saying that I was able to accept or decline on myUTH. I accepted! It's official!! Is there anywhere to go to talk to our future classmates?
- Jun 6, '12 by vintagepeonyYes, there is a Facebook page. I believe it is called: UTHSC SON class of December 2013. I haven't sent a friend request yet or looked for it on Facebook. I remember someone posting it on here awhile back. I think we can do a Facebook search. If I find it, I'll post the information.
- I just got a call from Joanne saying that a spot on the wait list had opened up and I would be accepted! Really odd since I wasn't on the wait list as far as I knew. I got a straight-up denial letter. Crazy!
- Ok, I am totally in the dark in terms of getting immunization records. The certification form has to be filled out by a healthcare provider, but I got my immunizations from half a dozen different places and I don't have current health care provider. I can get ahold of the information, but am I just supposed to make an appointment with a random doctor and show them this information and have them fill out the form?
- Jun 15, '12 by nyctransplantCongrats @stacymonique! And welcome! Come to the facebook page - everyone on there is so incredibly helpful with lots and lots of stuff.
As far as your immunizations, you need to send copies of whatever is required from the immunization form. If you don't have the copies, you can go to any health care provider and ask them to run a titer for whatever immunes. you don't have records for. Just double check with your insurance company about those costs, coz that can vary. Have your physical done at the same time too! That's a separate form! Congratulations again! And to all of those who've heard so far!!!!Last edit by Medic2RN on Jun 22, '12 : Reason: TOS - Facebook link
- thanks for the info nyctransplant. i know i am missing out on communicating with all my new classmates on facebook, but i don't have and don't ever intend to have a facebook account. i look forward to meeting everyone in person though!
- Jun 16, '12 by JessbirdStacymonique, the Facebook group is very helpful but I understand if you choose not to have a fb account! Congrats woman! (assuming you are one).
As far as the immunizations, I had my old shot record transcribed at the clinic I went to to get my physical exam.
- Jun 21, '12 by stacymoniqueThanks Jessbird!