UT Tyler Spring '13 Admission - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 30, '12 by KRBeeI got into the traditional BSN program at Tyler campus for Spring 2013 and was absolutely SHOCKED. I currently attend UTA and didn't get into their program, so I felt pretty negative about getting into any other school I applied to. Congrats hopeful_st and nurselauren5530
My application looked like this: 86 overall on my TEAS, 3.5 cumulative GPA, and about 75 points.
Does anybody know approximately how many students apply to this nursing program and how many are accepted for the Tyler campus? I read in another thread that Tyler accepted about 90 but that post is about eight years old!
- Yay! Congrats to everyone that got in! I applied for the Fall semester and did not get in, but I got into the spring program so don't worry if you didn't get in, apply again.
I will be moving to Tyler and currently know NOTHING about the area. Any suggestions on good places to live or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Also, our letters told us to email our advisor, which I did on Friday and have received nothing back. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
- Oct 30, '12 by nurselauren5530I emailed my advisor over the weekend and heard from her on Monday. I am moving to Tyler as well and know nothing about the city and where to live. Anyone have suggestions?Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 1, '12 : Reason: Due to privacy issues, please do not post names of school officials
- Oct 30, '12 by blb123I'm at UTA this semester too!! Excited to start nursing school in Tyler for the Spring But I know absolutely no one in the area, and have no idea where I'm going to live. I would really like to have roommates that are in the nursing program as well, just because I don't think anyone else quite understands how much studying we have to do, and I can't handle wild and crazy! I emailed my advisor yesterday and heard back from him today, so I already have an appointment to meet with him and also an appointment for the drug test! Still need to find a CPR class, hoping to do that after finals in December.
- Oct 30, '12 by hopeful_stI'm not sure how many ppl apply and how many are accepted either. I will be moving to Tyler as well and have only been there once in my life. I liked it a lot - it seems quiet but not too quiet. Random, but I was wondering why the only real forums for Tyler was from years ago. Can't really offer suggestions on where to live just yet, cause I have no idea either but congrats to everyone!
- **** ****** is my advisor and I have yet to hear from him . I am at UTA this semester and I also need to take the CPR class. I have no idea how to find a class but if I get any info on the class, i'll post here.
I was wondering the same thing about the other forums...no idea
at this point it looks like we are all in the same boat, as we know nothing about Tyler.
lets keep each other updated!Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 1, '12 : Reason: Due to privacy issues, please do not post names of school officials
- Oct 30, '12 by blb123**** ******* is my advisor too! I got an email back from him around 2 this afternoon. He seems really nice! And about the CPR class-- I have a patho test tomorrow afternoon that I've been studying for nonstop, but once I get that out of the way I'll try to find more information about classes in our area and post that I have been to Tyler a few times just to take the TEAS and to meet with ***** ******* about my application, but I really like it there! It's pretty-- lots of big trees. And they have all of the normal restaurants that we have in the DFW area, which is nice! Wish I knew more about where to live though.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Nov 1, '12 : Reason: Due to privacy issues, please do not post names of school officials
- Hmmm. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow evening and then send him another email. Crazy cause I also have a patho test tomorrow with Urban. lol i guess we are in the same class! I'm going to get started on my checkoff list for Tyler after tomorrow. Excited but nervous at the same time. Goodluck on your test!
- Oct 31, '12 by blb123what a small world! thank you, good luck on yours too!!
- Oct 31, '12 by nurselauren5530Let me know if anyone hears about any good places to live! Or maybe an area where a lot of nursing/med students live? I'll be researching too and keep yall updated! I know someone that lives there so maybe she can offer me some advice.