TWU Fall 2012 Weekend Program & Traditional - Page 10Register Today!
- Feb 3, '12 by ktdiditLol yes I am!
- Feb 3, '12 by DFWgal@ktdidit: I tried to apply for financial aid but the FA advisor told me that nothing will be processed until the student's taxes are done and tax season is just starting.
Actually, some of the forms just appeared on the website last week, it's "still early".
Where did you take your pre reqs?
- Feb 3, '12 by ktdiditDFWgal,
I took my pre-reqs at Lone Star College in Kingwood. Thanks for the heads up on the financial aid! I hope there is enough to go around for everyone!
- Feb 3, '12 by broonie717Hey there! I am thinking about applying for the TWU nursing program in Dallas for Fall of 2013. Since it is for people who already have bachelor's degrees, does anyone know if you can still receive financial aid from the school? I know that once you have a bachelor's degree you no longer receive grants, but I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could still get other financial aid from the school or not?
Also, I wanted to go there to visit the campus but there's nowhere to park around there! Thanks and good luck to everyone who applied for Fall 2012!
- Feb 17, '12 by cdibleyHi broonie717! I am not sure where you park without a decal, but the first couple levels of the new TWU parking garage are open and there are two other remote parking areas. I would call the Dalllas campus student life you can find the number on the school's site. They are really helpful and will be able to tell you where you can park and may have that information about loans. Hope this helps!
- Feb 17, '12 by LiveLaughLoveLearnHow is everyone doing dealing with the anxiety? I'm feeling a bit better after speaking with the College of Nursing advisor this morning. She was basically saying that yes there were lots of applicants, 880, but it is around the usual. She said we need to keep in mind that 100's of those applicants will be ineligible to apply due to not taking the TEAS, not meeting GPA requirement, etc..
So good luck everyone! She also informed me that we will find out around the end of March :spin:
- Feb 17, '12 by DFWgalThanks for the update LiveLaughLoveLearn! OMG March? Ms. ******* told me (last December, though) to wait until late April beginning of May, but end of March is "around the corner"! Is this for Dallas or Houston? (just checking!)Last edit by tnbutterfly on Feb 17, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names of school employees
- Feb 17, '12 by LiveLaughLoveLearnWelcome! & Yes March, I was surprised as well because applicants from last Fall were notified in mid April. I heard they were low on staff members then though; they must be on it this semester! I like March better the anxiety will end sooner than I imagined lol. Good thing we will be on Spring Break right before so I can keep my mind occupied!
This info is from the Dallas campus; where I applied.
- Feb 17, '12 by DFWgalThanks for clarifying. I'm a bit confused with posters applying to Houston as well.
OK, 5-6 more weeks!!!!
- Feb 17, '12 by VoldemortThanks for the new update LiveLaughLoveLearn! It definitely beats waiting for April. I'm getting all anxious again!