TCC Spring 2013 Applicants - Page 11Register Today!
- I was told also that you couldn't turn in a recommendation letter, but when I called they gave me the name of the director. I was told during a HESI prep review class that I took, there was NO ALGEBRA on the test. When I say algebra I mean,
Although there will be very basic algebra I think on proportions. IS THERE ALGEBRA LIKE (SEE ABOVE)?
Has anyone that has taken the HESI A2 from TCC, think that that VOCAB portion was similar to the review book? My teacher said that some students said the majority of the vocab. words on the TEST were NOT from the review book, but words you would only know if you worked in the health care field.
Does anyone have any input for vocabulary or recommendations of what to study?
- How do you look at class average on there? Can you only go to that site after taking the hesi?
- Jgaw, what did you make on the HESI A2 at TCC?
- Sep 18, '12 by kate0226I have a 3 day schedule. Theory M/W 2:15-4:05, Skills W 9-12, and my clinical is a 12 hour shift on Thursdays. Although, I have spent a LOT more time up there than that! All of the instructors that I have come across are awesome! Everyone is very helpful and wants you to succeed. Most people have 12 hour clinical this go round, which is different than previous 1st semester students. There is one clinical (I think just one that is) that is split T/TH 7-1. I am happy with a 12 hour b/c I have 3 kids and would rather knock it out in one day of the week!
- Sep 18, '12 by KLP151Lauren the vocab on hesi is nothing like the study guide. I saw maybe 5 words at most from the book on the test. I was completely thrown off by it & i was 100% confident about vocab bc i studied that book forever & studied from quizlet. Vocab ended up being my lowest score. There were some med terms but not many. I personally think the words were just random. Hopefully you will do better than i did. Good luck!
- Sep 18, '12 by jenn311Lauren
I used the study guide and quizlet. Vocab was my lowest score as well. I just made sure to do really well on the other sections. It was the only section I did not make an A. If you study the Evolve I am sure you will do great on the test!
- Sep 18, '12 by NyknickQuote from KLP151One thing to remember about the Vocabulary Section: The Vocabulary section of the HESI also tests General Knowledge. For this reason, the test questions are not derived directly from the study guide, leaving us with no possible way to adequately study for this section. It is by design...Lauren the vocab on hesi is nothing like the study guide. I saw maybe 5 words at most from the book on the test. I was completely thrown off by it & i was 100% confident about vocab bc i studied that book forever & studied from quizlet. Vocab ended up being my lowest score. There were some med terms but not many. I personally think the words were just random. Hopefully you will do better than i did. Good luck!
- Sep 19, '12 by yellowjeepgirlI submitted my application yesterday. I totally agree with the comments on this thread regarding the vocab section on the HESI. Good luck to everyone and let the wait begin!!
- Sep 19, '12 by hopeforspring13kate0226- thanks for the information. I was just curious what the class schedule is like, I have heard it is hard to work while in nursing school. Lol..I know its early and I may not even be accepted..but I am a planner.
Again thanks and good luck with school.
- Sep 19, '12 by beck2331Hi guys,
I was wondering for those of you who have already take the Hesi.....How is the math? Are there any fill in the blanks on the test? Can you use the calculator thats on the computer? I am really nervous about the test and it has been along time since I have taken basic math or English.... Do you need to know the definitions of what a noun, verb, adjective, etc.. ?