Tarrant County College Fall 2012 - Page 8Register Today!
- I never took AP online- or in the summer. Took Micro online and it was not bad. However, I was not in a rush to finish them because I was waiting for my middle child to start kindergarten before I applied (she starts in the fall). AP 1&2 were very in depth, much more than micro or chemistry, in my opinion. I had a wonderful professor for AP1 at NE campus. She is young and very enthusiastic and helpful. I never missed a class.. IDK if we can share professor's names on here?? My AP 2 prof was the complete opposite & I basically self learned in her class but was able to get an A in that one too. I still loved both classes & they reinforced my desire to enter nursing. You sound like you could definitely handle them having all A's, and that your goal is to apply with A's in all your sciences.. Just be prepared! Start reading the book early, and don't get behind. Visit the SLC at NE campus to study for lab - lab is quite difficult at NE. Probably be best if you weren't working, in my opinion, but I know that's not always an option. I wish you the best of luck!!
- Oh....the waiting is bad! I have not called either. My hubby was trying to get me to yesterday but I told him I doubted they would give me a firm answer...lol
I have felt like a kid on Christmas eve for the past month!
- Mar 23, '12 by Christy31I haven't called either but who love to know something! Do it!
- Mar 23, '12 by caitlyn181603Ok, I called and I am just sick because two different people told me it will be the first week of May. I just wish my counselor hadn't told me the end of March. Setting that expectation really threw me. Of course, they may just tell people that as a general answer. If anyone else calls and gets a different answer please let us know. I guess it is really only 4 more weeks just seems like a long time.
- Mar 23, '12 by hope122I spoke with someone in that office last week who said it's looking like mid to late April now. This person also said to check emails. I guess that would be their first mode of contact with us (not sure).
- Ok, here's my take - and I could always be wrong! The applicants who applied last time had an application deadline of Sept 30. The ones who were "accepted" were notified by cc email on October 27. I am not sure when the ones who were rejected or alternates found out. So my theory is that we will find out maybe a week or so later than they did, time wise, since March had a week of spring break. I guess that would put notification time around the first of April or so. At least, that is what I am telling myself so I don't go cRaZy! Also, the people who answer the phones seem to not know as much as the actual advisers, IMO.. I had one tell me that I needed official transcripts from other universities even if I had done a transcript evaluation a long time ago. Now, like I said, I am just holding to my theory to make myself feel better... hope it makes y'all feel better too!
- Mar 23, '12 by vc1478I think y'all are right. I don't think the people we are talking to really know for sure. I also think that I remember reading in the Spring 2012 forum that right after they called and were told it would be a while more, then a few days later they got their emails... so hang in there everyone! I'm thinking your theory is correct, it does make me feel better!
- Mar 23, '12 by Christy31Yeah when I applied I was told 3-4 wk turnaround! I was really thinking first of April. I sure hope it's before April 15, so I know if I should take summer courses.
- Mar 23, '12 by caitlyn181603I'm the same way. I've applied at a few schools and really hope to know so that I can make my decisions. I need two classes this summer if I get into the UTA program but, I really don't care to spend that money if I know I'm in at TCC. I'm sure it will all work out or the best! I'm just ready to make some decisions!!
- Mar 26, '12 by kate0226Here we go with another Monday! Here's to hoping & praying this will be the week!!