Tarrant County College Fall 2012 - Page 21Register Today!
- Apr 23, '12 by kate0226B&C - I know, me too!! I know it was a Thurs b/c I was on the FB page back then - had originally planned to apply for spring. I was the one who text my friend who's had applied that she needed to check her CC email!! I know the date, day of the week, and time the email was sent from the board and FB page. So funny!! Nah....we aren't obsessed or anything!! It is going to be hilarious when we look back and see how crazy we all were waiting to find out!
- Apr 23, '12 by maamcdonaldLOL! I already knew it was Thursday because I looked it up a few weeks back. I had a hunch they might be contacting us and when I found out it was also a Thursday, I got so excited! Then a couple days ago I tried to find out what time they had sent the emails out. Could never find it but I was looking for it! So thanks for that tidbit! I'm going to go crazy if 'first week of May' does not mean May 1st!!!
- Apr 23, '12 by DdiabmarzoukDay one of this week is down..
- Apr 23, '12 by B&CsmomIt is making me crazy because they have to already know. Why are they not telling us? There cannot be that many people tied for the last spot. It should just be plug in the numbers, and let them fall where they may. What else do they factor in? They said there are no bonus points anymore, no points for additional courses, and no points for a prior degree. They do not even give their students prefrence. AGGGHHH!!! The only thing I keep telling myself is when I applied last time, my college algebra did not count because I had tested out of it at spring testing my freshmen year at LSU. They sent me a notice almost immediately after the application period closed to give me time to see if LSU still had my actual scores on file. I am old, so they did not, but maybe they just give people time to get that kind of thing straightened out.
- Apr 23, '12 by hope122If a jr college didn't give their own students preference and the universities did, then what would be the draw to go to a junior college? It may be cheaper, but if it's a longshot to get in anyway...........?
If you could swing the expense, seems like you could take the hours you already have to a university, apply with "undeclared" major, finish up the prereqs, then apply to nursing. Do you have to be in the nursing program to take government, stats, tech writing...? Just a thought. It'd be nice if TCC would consider their students like others do. IMOLast edit by hope122 on Apr 23, '12
- Apr 24, '12 by vc1478I know we are all anxious to find out! Hang in there everyone!Last edit by vc1478 on Apr 24, '12
- Apr 24, '12 by hope122I am grateful to have had the opportunity to start over at TCC because I have been out of school forever! Also, I have had amazing teachers there. Just thinking about possible options if it doesn't work out. You're right, this wait IS sooo frustrating.Last edit by hope122 on Apr 24, '12
- Apr 24, '12 by vc1478I'm also very thankful for my experience there! It's just after everything, and all the time we've put in, we're down to the last second and this wait is excruciating! I'm just so anxious to find out, as is everyone else...Last edit by vc1478 on Apr 24, '12
- Apr 24, '12 by maamcdonaldI was looking at Majors Bookstore online and saw that TCC only has four books listed for semester 1 students. I thought that was rather low so compared a few other schools and noticed that their book packages had a lot more books and were in the range of $800. I'm trying to figure out how much books are going to be. I know with the acceptance letter they give you a list of books but I thought I read that people were opting to buy the bundle. I'm confused. It seems like there should be more books than just four. Plus no fundamentals or foundations books were listed. Anybody have any idea what we're looking at ($$$) for books for semester 1?
- Apr 25, '12 by DdiabmarzoukAnother day down! May is close but hope it comes sooner!!