San Jacinto College ADN Fall 2012 - Page 17Register Today!
- Jul 11, '12 by jp48205I am an evening accepted applicant here! I am going to the Clinic Locations and Hours for the rest of my shots. Started them last year but then found out I was pregnant before the last round could be completed so I need to see if I can still get the last round or have to start all over. It was $15 (total) for 3 different shots. I can't remember if you pay per shot or per doctor visit.
- Jul 11, '12 by StudentOfHealingQuote from jp48205I am an evening accepted applicant here! I am going to the Clinic Locations and Hours for the rest of my shots. Started them last year but then found out I was pregnant before the last round could be completed so I need to see if I can still get the last round or have to start all over. It was $15 (total) for 3 different shots. I can't remember if you pay per shot or per doctor visit.
wow! thanks I'll look into it.
- Jul 12, '12 by CZinMaseYes, the dr. will get my results and then sign.off on my physical. It included UA & serology. Unless they aren't positive, in that case I may have to start rounds of shots again. I had heard Deer Park Family Clinic gave discounts on certain tests to nursing students ( where we did our drug screen).
- Jul 13, '12 by StudentOfHealingYes I called DP fam clinic. Seems like the most affordable place so far. They did your titers first? I thought We got our shots THEN We did titers as indicated in our letter. I guess if you've had the vaccine the doctor might wanna do a titer test to see your immunity? In that case I rather just get the shot! Cus itll be more money to do a titer test then Come to.find I.need another shot. I wonder if the nursing school will take that I.did a.titer test or if they want either a + titer test or the first shot by that due date.
- Jul 13, '12 by teachertoonurseCongratulations to everyone that has been admitted to the program! See you at orientation!! Looking forward to this new change in my career and I'm very excited!! Thanks for all the useful information you all have provided.
- Jul 13, '12 by tryin2EVENING ACCEPTED STUDENTS... I started a new thread so we can all get together and share info & stuff as we find out, since there is only 20 of us.....
Never gave up! <3 Tryin2 ..... Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Jul 13, '12 by CZinMaseYeah, I had taken the hep b and tdap shots recently enough so i'm hoping the titers are postive. Did have to start the hep A.
- Jul 15, '12 by KrstycleI know I am getting ahead of myself and should wait until orientation but has any of you looked at the books needed for the first semester? Especially the fundamentals of nursing bundle? Does anyone know what all is in the bundle??
- Jul 15, '12 by Emmasmom03The bundle has all of the individual books that are listed. I would search online for the books. Much cheaper.
- Jul 15, '12 by KrstycleThanks! I looked on amazon and found that it is 6 books (right?) and about 3 of them are listed separately as required books. Which makes it a little confusing. Also all are cheaper on amazon but I am still doing my homework to find the cheapest!