PVAMU Prospective Students (Spring 2013)Register Today!
- by dream_on27 Aug 16, '12Hello to all who is applying to PVAMU-CON! Has anyone received an acceptance letter from the university (not the CON)?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=772439©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,652 Views
- Aug 17, '12 by mersonsgraceI received one yesterday in the mail enclosed in a brochure package. You are able to check your admission status online.
- Aug 17, '12 by dream_on27Thank you for the reply mersonsgrace. Once we receive it, do we have to sign it and send it to the CON to show proof that we've been admitted to the university?
- Aug 17, '12 by mersonsgraceI am not sure what to do next. I plan on visiting the CON in the Med center and speaking with a counselor next week. I will be doing the lvn to bsn route
- Aug 17, '12 by dream_on27Oh that's great!!!! I'm doing the generic BSN. I hope everything turns out good for you.
- Sep 3, '12 by tessthebestHi all
I have recently decided to apply for pvamu con, i actually just found out about this program or i would have applied along time ago. I'm curious to know how can you see if you've been accepted to the schools program? And how do you actually applying to the nursing school its self, i'm really hoping to get into the generic bsn program, if anyone has anything i can be of help with don't be afraid to ask, i also am planning on making a visit to the school to see if i can talk to someone.
- Sep 4, '12 by jessicawaytt2Hello all, I also recently decided to apply to the CON and have yet to hear from them...has anyone received any correspondence from them? I'm also applying to twu and uthsc! woooo! good luck to all!
- Sep 4, '12 by tessthebestSo I was told by some of the nurses at the hospital I work at that pvamu is not really an accredited school? Is this true? I mean how can a nursing school not be accredited? They were saying that if you were to graduate from a degree from this school that many hospitals wouldn't even consider hiring you! I mean that's just crazy! Has anyone else heard anything similar to this?
- Sep 5, '12 by jessicawaytt2Quote from tessthebestI've heard the opposite. While many students may think to look down on it for some reason or another, its actually even accredited by the NLN along with HBU. And its 5 semesters long, compared to the others which are normally only 4. Above all, it's a nursing school, so I would really just love to be admitted! Haha, hope I clarified a bit .So I was told by some of the nurses at the hospital I work at that pvamu is not really an accredited school? Is this true? I mean how can a nursing school not be accredited? They were saying that if you were to graduate from a degree from this school that many hospitals wouldn't even consider hiring you! I mean that's just crazy! Has anyone else heard anything similar to this?
- Sep 8, '12 by atrain010I'm applying and am taking my HESI on the 26th. For those who have taken the HESI already, what study guides or what did you guys use that helped you for the A&P part?