NCTC Spring 2013Register Today!
- by ccervera25 May 16, '12Anyone applying for the ADN program at NCTC for Spring 2013? The program requirements have changed alot!!! And has anyone taken the Kaplan? How hard is it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=710986©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,967 Views
- Aug 16, '12 by ashleyj2011I am applying for ADN Spring 2013! I'm anxious for September to get here so I can apply! I'm also curious about the Kaplan. I've heard it's harder than HESI...
- Aug 20, '12 by tracimr228I just got accepted to the Fall 2012 program. I will say that the kaplan was really hard. The writing section was the most difficult so brush up on what the study guide tells you to watch for in the paragraphs. Also the science portion was more about specific problems such as asthma instead of just knowing the basics like from A & P. Also you will want to pick up a dosage and calculations book for the math portion. Good Luck!
- Aug 21, '12 by ashleyj2011Thank you for the response on Kaplan! Which dosage calc book would you recommend? I am retaking A&P1 in the fall do hopefully that will help me, but I definitely need to brush up on AP2 material
- Oct 29, '12 by smajerczykQuote from ccervera25Did yall apply? I just found out Friday I got accepted, yay! I am so excited but scaredAnyone applying for the ADN program at NCTC for Spring 2013? The program requirements have changed alot!!! And has anyone taken the Kaplan? How hard is it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
- Oct 29, '12 by ashleyj2011Congrats!!! I decided to wait and apply for fall 2013 so I can get some debt paid off, etc before going back to school full time. Wish I were starting in the spring though! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats for points and Kaplan?
- Nov 4, '12 by smajerczykThis semester the point system was different but I had 9 of 10 points and I got 70 on kaplin(it was really hard). Good luck in the fall!
- Nov 9, '12 by amandacamThe Kaplan was really hard. I think the study book really helped prepare me for the math and reading sections. The A&P is hard too, but if you study the sections they tell you to, it does help. I used the CD from my A&P book. Overall, I ended up with an 87. I cannot wait to get the official letter!
- Nov 12, '12 by smajerczykamandacam where do you live? Looks like we will be classmates for the next 2 years
- Nov 12, '12 by amandacam=) Awesome! I am on the border of Denton and Corinth.