Navarro ADN-RN program Fall 2012 - Page 29Register Today!
- Jun 21, '12 by adb14Congrats to the newbies!! Glad yall are in! I do feel like we're a little family although we've never met. I was thinking abt getting all black tennis shoes since our pants will be black. I've yet to find any tho, so I may be stuck with white. I work at a Shoe store, so it makes it easy for me. I finally got my CPR done. Yayy!!
- Jun 21, '12 by RED1984i bought all of my books off of amazon, including the sg & skills performance checklist (8th edition). i had to buy that one new along with the fundamentals of nursing because they were published not long ago. the basic pharmacology books (text and study guide) i bought new as well- but purchased from amazon....
- Jun 21, '12 by RED1984Quote from shalynn0586i receive financial aid, but are unaware of the disbursement dates... i know that if you are buying books at the bookstore, you have to wait until 10 days before the class starts. for this past spring semester, the financial aid just paid my tuition for me, and i got my books at the bookstore on fa 10 days prior to classes and then the leftover funds were deposited to my bank account a few weeks before the semester ended....also, for anyone that is receiving loans or financial aid- do you know when disbursement dates will be for the fall? i am waiting patiently but, i would like to get my books ahead of time if possible.
- Jun 22, '12 by RaeAnn04Congratulations to all the newly accepted!! Was wondering of there are any of you who haven't taken CPR yet??? My cousin is going to teach a class if I can get some people together.
Also can we get black Nike shocks? I don't wanna wear white shoes w blk pants!
And I am buying most of my books from an nursing student y'all think I should buy new instead???
- Jun 22, '12 by mrskennedyRaeAnn04 - I have yet to take CPR but will probably take it in Corsicana late July. I wasn't aware that we were able to take any other CPR class other than what was listed on our attachments. If we can, what are the stipulations to it?
I'm pretty sure you can get just about any shoes just as long as they follow the guidelines. No mesh, holes, backless, or extreme logos. They have to be all black or all white. I too, did not want to get white shoes with the black pants, but I'm opting for the Crocs since we will be on our feet a lot during clinicals.
I'm not quite sure what I plan to do about books. I read in the earlier posts from Josh that all you really need are the Fundamentals to Nursing, Pharmacology book, and Davis drug guide. I still plan on buying some of the optional books, just because I want to be prepared. I do have financial aid, but I may buy some of the cheaper books through Amazon. I feel as if some of the new editions are somewhat critical since they offer the newest information in regards to medicine (it's forever changing and updating.) If you could, you might wait until orientation in August to ask about the books, it will still leave you some time to buy since classes do not start until the 27th.
- Jun 22, '12 by RED1984Hi Everyone! Happy Friday
The CPR can be taken anywhere as long as its American Heart Association- HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. it cannot be the regular CPR.
I get my Nike Shox online... Cheap (1/2 cost of retail) and free fast shipping... Nikeshox-r4.com
I don't see any problem with getting used books from a prior student EXCEPT the fundamentals of nursing needs to be 8th edition and the prior class used the 7th
- Jun 22, '12 by timmedicoRaeAnn- black nike shocks are probably fine, but i think they want the logo to not be noticeable. Black does sound better than white (I'm a guy, so the "advanced" matching and all that jazz is over my head sometimes). Would black shoes be better than white? Regarding your books, look at the list as an overview. There is one book that we must have a CD for, so make sure that you get the CD with the book. Other than that, buying used is perfect (they highlight in it as well, making your studying a little bit easier).
mrskennedy- the only stipulations is the specification of the CPR. It's mandatory to get CPR FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS. I had to go back to navarro to get the correct card after the class because they gave me the wrong one. So as long as the course you pay for is for healthcare providers you are good to go. On amazon, I found many of the "optional" books for less than a dollar (the cheapest I bought was $0.17...shipping $3.99). The only really expensive book is Fundamentals of Nursing, and the cheapest I could find was $130. Hunt around (and make sure you have the right edition) to find the best deals. I think we also have to pay for class before orientation day too, right?
Red- Happy Friday to you too!!!!! Thanks for the link, I think I'll go check it out! Nikes make some of the best looking shoes out there.
- Jun 24, '12 by mrskennedyI had previously registered for Fall classes before I knew that I had been accepted into the program. I saw that they had dropped those and registered me for nursing classes earlier last week. So, maybe they're getting it done sooner than the 1st.
Has anyone else been registered by the nursing ladies?Last edit by sirI on Jul 13, '12 : Reason: referred to deleted post
- Jun 24, '12 by timmedicoI don't know if they registered me because I registered myself for the classes. :P I'd say they probably did. It also shows what days and times we'll be doing stuff, so that helps. I'm not sure what to expect for orientation day.
- Jun 25, '12 by mrskennedyHi everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update in regards to Financial Aid.
In an e-mail I sent this past Friday, I asked about the refund dates (along with the status of my own Financial Aid.) I recieved a reply today and was told that they have yet to determine the 2012-2013 refund dates. So, I know that does not answer many of our questions, but I figured I'd let everyone know who was curious about it that they are still trying to "figure things out."
I got that answer, now I have to e-mail them back since they failed to answer my other question. I swear, sometimes FA is so frustrating!