LSC - Spring 2013 - Acceptance Information (dates, scores, etc...) - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 10 by Jessi29I also applied this January @ Montgomery with a 11.65! Fingers crossed! Can anyone tell me if they know the difference with the Cy-Fairs Block Curriculum compared to the other ADN programs at LSC?
- Feb 11 by StephalumpQuote from Jessi29Block pretty much just means you study one subject at a time. You'll have an entire course on OB. You'll have a separate Mental Health class, and you'll learn all your Fundamentals type things at once.I also applied this January @ Montgomery with a 11.65! Fingers crossed! Can anyone tell me if they know the difference with the Cy-Fairs Block Curriculum compared to the other ADN programs at LSC?
The rest of the programs are integrated. First semester, you'll focus on health promotion and what's normal and maybe a few non-life threatening diseases. And you'll study that stuff in ALL the areas ( Fundamentals, OB, psych, Peds, and Med Surg).
Second semester people start getting a little more sick, and then by the end of the program you're learning about critically ill patients. The idea is you'll be building on the basic concepts every semester, versus learning everything and then moving on.
- Feb 22 by Jessi29Thanks for the info! I have heard some rumors that different campus have bad reputations and can effect where you can get a job later. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this. I was told to stay away from Tomball, which is my second choice. I'm considering changing it to cy-fair if this is true!!
- Feb 28 by heather5619Jessi,
Yes I was also told by a current ADN student (cy-fair) that something fishy is going on with the tomball campus. This worries me as it is my second choice. I don't want to put any false information out there, but the rumor is that they might not be a part of the lsc system for much longer. I'm not sure how that would affect any students in progress with them. If anyone has any information I would very much like to know! Pm is welcome as well.
- Mar 1 by ikegrad2002HI YA'LL! I'm currently in the ADN Program at Kingwood. You can't always go by what everyone else says. What may be "BAD" to one person, might be "GOOD" for the next. Go to the college and speak directly to the Nursing department if you guys have any concerns. I will say just follow your heart. I haven't looked into Tomball's program, but if they haven't put anything on their website that makes you think otherwise, then I would go for it. GOOD LUCK!!!!