Looking for students who are applying to Brookhaven in Fall 2012 to start Spring 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Nov 14, '12 by Childers7Thank you so much RN2BTX! I so should have gotten it over with Monday cause the more I'm waiting the more nervous I'm getting
- Nov 14, '12 by escapebigdGood luck to everyone coming in for the spring!! Be prepared for last minute schedule changes, and extra money requested at random. They will tell you to get a PCT job, then tell you that you shouldn't work in the program. To clarify on the pediatric experience part, we did get hands on experience with kids doing finger sticks, and health teaching, but no hospital experience. Only about half of the students will get preceptors (which is when you follow a nurse 1:1 last semester for her entire shift). The school has also been telling students multiple different stories about the spring semester schedule and why it won't be released until at least December, so good luck with scheduling if you were lucky enough to keep a job through this. Also keep in mind that at Brookhaven there is a 10% rule, meaning you can miss no more than 10% of class or clinicals in a semester. So for our 5 week classes/clinicals of Peds/OB/Psych that is 4 hours, so don't get sick because you will be sent home from clinicals if it is infectious.
- Nov 22, '12 by RN2BTXWow Thanksgiving came early! I got my acceptance e-mail yesterday! Thank you Jesus So glad we didn't have to wait until the 30th! Has anyone else received their emails- good luck to everyone
- Nov 23, '12 by Childers7Omg!!!!!!! Happy thanksgiving!!!!! I got in also!!! What a relief!!! Can't wait to meet everyone in spring! )) congrats to all who got in!
- Nov 24, '12 by BriterzCongrats to both of you! Get ready for a crazy ride for the next year and 1/2! If you have any questions, please ask
- Nov 25, '12 by Childers7Thanks Briterz! Im a little bummed that there arn't more people on this site to be excited with (like when you were accepted ) Thanks for always being so encouraging and rooting us on!!
- Nov 25, '12 by mmaxfield07Yayyyyyy!! Im with Brit let us know if you have questions.
- Nov 26, '12 by SA2009Hi there, I've been reading along on this post for a while, so I wanted to let y'all know that I was accepted too and am totally thrilled (with knees shaking!). I'm looking forward on meeting everyone as well. Does anyone know that happens next?
- Nov 26, '12 by LaffitteHey guys and gals, I made it in too!!! I am so sorry if any of you guys didn't make it this time, keep it up and I hope to see you in the fall of 2013!!!
Are any of you interested in meeting up before classes start in January? We can get to know each other a little before the spring semester!!! All you guys already in the program are welcome also, if you have the spare time that is! I am pretty available... what do you guys think about a Saturday morning at a Starbucks?
- Nov 27, '12 by Childers7Laffite- I'm pretty slammed packed until school starts. Gotta get everything ready for this rollercoaster we're about to be on! What about creating a FB page (like previous students) that way we can keep better connected. For some reason I dont get notified when a comment is posted on this thread. We could even add Britterz and Maxfield to help with any questions we might have (they've been such great help and support this far)Has everyone been CPR certified? I was thinking about taking it through the school on 12/15.