Lonestar Spring 2013 - Page 18Register Today!
- Oct 8, '12 by JesbustosYou can get it no sooner than 4 weeks I think for the hep B. it's 3 shot series I think.... And I agree Ike Grad!!! Lol I was looking around today and trying to guess who everyone was. I wanted to ask out loud but I'm way to shy lol
- Oct 8, '12 by iamleeannThe Hep B should only be 3 shots...
Not sure about the time frame for the 3rd shot - the doctor office where I got mine told me I couldn't get it earlier than 12 weeks (3 months).
- Oct 8, '12 by ikegrad2002Jesbustos LOL, me 2! I sure was looking around. I don't think I noticed you LOL
- Quote from ikegrad2002I'm pretty sure I saw you! I was back in the corner by the stage and I recognized you from your photo here and on facebook (I'm on the Lonestar Nursing Program page also).I really didn't know who was who at orientation since I can't see anyone's picture, but I know I may have looked different in person than my picture up top since I had my eyeglasses on LOL! Orientation was good, now it's time to get all our paperwork in order for Dec 3rd. I hope I get day classes!
I'm really hoping for day classes as well! I am sooooo excited to get this ball rollin!
- Quote from nataliea15I'll be taking the Dec course too, and it's my understanding that we wear street clothes for that, right? And I'm fairly certain that the lab is on campus. I believe we're on campus for both lecture and lab and only at the hospital one day a week for clinicals. I'm surprised we only have to wear our uniforms on clinical days. I figured we would at least have to wear them for lab also. And the Hep B should only be 3 shots.Whew...losts of info...even more questions. lol. I will be taking the December course, wasn't quite expecting that. Here's a question that I have: is the 2 hour lab at Kingwood Hospital? Only on FB someone had posted a few videos and they were showing the lab at Kingwood Hospital. I went and got my 2nd hep B shot today..and almost had a heart attack when they told me that "technically" I have to wait 4 months until I can get the third shot. Luckily...that is a recommendation and I can get it done sooner. When I started the shot I thought I had until January. On the immunization form that I downloaded off the KW website it said that there are 4 HEP. B shots? I thought we only had to get 3?
- Oct 9, '12 by ikegrad2002sapadgett LOL, OK. I deactivated My Facebook account; It's addicting. I will be back on now since I know we all will be interacting with one another for the next 2 years. Yes for the Dec course we wear street clothes. The uniforms colors must have changed from last year because I don't remember seeing any Nursing students(ADN) wearing navy colored scrubs......or did I??? LOL
- Quote from ikegrad2002I think I must have too. I thought ADN students usually wore the white tops w/ teal bottoms. I'll take the navy though, I'm just excited to be able to wear them! lolsapadgett LOL, OK. I deactivated My Facebook account; It's addicting. I will be back on now since I know we all will be interacting with one another for the next 2 years. Yes for the Dec course we wear street clothes. The uniforms colors must have changed from last year because I don't remember seeing any Nursing students(ADN) wearing navy colored scrubs......or did I??? LOL
- Oct 9, '12 by ikegrad2002sapadgett, seem like there are a lot of changes this year. I'm excited to wear them too! Anyhoo, back to cooking (Peppersteak) LOL!.Talk to ya'll later
- Oct 10, '12 by ikegrad2002I went to Scrubs, etc to buy my scrubs today, but they didn't have the size I needed so I have to wait until they get more in stock or I can just order them. Yea I know it's still early, but hey the earlier the better. I did get my Hemostats, Bandage scissors and pen light. My stethoscope will be given as a gift, less money I have to spend (THANK GOD!) Anybody know if New Balance have good walking shoes or any that they can recommend?
- Oct 11, '12 by mckelley44I will be going to cy-fair!!