Lonestar Cyfair College Nursing Program- FALL 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Lonestar Cyfair College Nursing Program- FALL 2013 in Texas State Nursing Programs, part of Texas Nursing ... Hello, I am looking to talk with and meet students applying for the Nursing Program - Basic Track...by meganrichards Jun 5, '12Hello,
I am looking to talk with and meet students applying for the Nursing Program - Basic Track at Lonestar College Cyfair in the Fall of 2013. And also discuss the application process and more.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=719158©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,158 Views
- Jun 5, '12 by meganrichardsVisit facebook.com/LSCY.Nursing13 and click "Like"! This is our designated Facebook! Talk about upcoming classes you're taking or plans your making to become an LSCS-Cyfair Nursing Student!!! Thanks so much!
- Aug 26, '12 by acruz183HI, I just moved to the Houston area, and I found out I'm too late for the Spring Semester(darn!) so I am looking into both Lonestar and HCC lvn to RN program. My GPA isn't the greatest...about a 3.00 overall, but a 3.45 in prereqs. What do yall think my chances are?
- Dec 12, '12 by HemcdougallQuote from acruz183For Lonestar they go by a point system for the RN program. The GPA they go off of includes your A&P, General Psychology, and English, I think there may be a couple more for the LVN to RN. The rest of the points depend on how many of the pre-req's you have taken and your Hesi score. It is calculated out of 12 points, the points for those who get in vary by semester depending on the number of applicants, but I think anything 11.0 and above you have a good chance. There is a score chart available on the Lonestar website for you to estimate your score, try this link http://www.lonestar.edu/departments/...on_9-11(1).pdfHI, I just moved to the Houston area, and I found out I'm too late for the Spring Semester(darn!) so I am looking into both Lonestar and HCC lvn to RN program. My GPA isn't the greatest...about a 3.00 overall, but a 3.45 in prereqs. What do yall think my chances are?
- Jan 6 by lth1123I am from Dallas and will be applying to CY-fair, NH, and Tomball. I am retaking my Hesi on the 25th just to see if I can get a better score. I have a question, do we divide all areas of HESI by 25? Or just English score? Thanks in advance for your help.
- Jan 6 by Alexandria8263The English composite score is divided by 25
- Jan 6 by lth1123Thank you so much!! @ Alexandria8263
- Jan 20 by kevann00I am applying to the ADN Lonestar nursing program on Friday- for fall 2013 start. Montgomery, North Harris, then Kingwood in that order for priority of schools. I have an 11.2 and am a little nervous. I went to a nursing info session at montgomery this summer and was told that the cut off for north harris was a 8.6 last application period (seems really low but gives me hope) and that montgomery is 11.2-11.4. I am wondering if i should switch and make NH my first choice since thats the one i am most likely to get in to...any thoughts???
- Jan 20 by HemcdougallWOW! That is a really low cut off score, I wonder why it is so low. I am applying with a 10.98, so that brings my hopes up a bit too. I wouldn't switch the order of preference, if you don't get into Montgomery they will automatically bump you to North Harris. And because NH lets in so many more students, if Montgomery is definitely your first choice leave it that way, your bound to get into one of them! I am confused because on the application it only gives you your first and second choice options. There is another thread for this application period if you want to join Lonestar RN 2013 Applications.
- Jan 22 by kevann00When i applied online it actaully gave me 4 options..i wonder why yours isnt letting you? Something you may want to bring up to a nursing advisor!