Lone Star Fall 2012 ADN Applicants - Page 41Register Today!
- May 10, '12 by tlcarter99You sound just like I did when I got mine. Never an ounce of trouble yet I was scared to death.
LOL!! Hang in there!
Quote from StephalumpJust got my blue card in the mail! I'm super relieved...even though I've never been in any sort of trouble and I shouldn't have been stressed at all lol. Orientation on Monday! Can't wait!
- May 10, '12 by StephalumpHaha! Go us! I like to think of it as real-world test anxiety. When I get pulled over by the cops and they run my license, I'm nervous there's something out there I don't know about and im about to be hauled off When I had routine STI tests during my pregnancies and spent the entire results reading holding my breath, have paranoid she'd say I was HIV positive lol. I have issues. :-p
Gmarks, I've done a little shoe research, but I'm just going to have to go out and try a bunch on once I get finished with all my orientation junk. Not sure about a stethescope. I have one from when I was a CNA, but I think I'd like a new one...It really hurts my ears
I'll probably just go to the supply store and talk to the staff about what people seem to recommend.
- May 10, '12 by StephalumpTxdiscodiva, does your stethescope have interchangeable ear pieces? I was looking at a friend's super expensive Littman and I really liked it...but I'll probably lose it at some point, if I'm being totally realistic :-p. So Im looking for something with comparable sound quality, but also one I can make fit my tiny ears comfortably.
- Quote from StephalumpNo mine doesn't. If you have really tiny ear canals it is good to get one with the interchangeable ones if you can find an affordable one, or try different ones that may fit better, so you can hear well and not be in pain when you use it My MDF came with an extra set of earbuds, but they're the same size and the really soft silicone type, so I love them because I also have small ear canals. I can't wear the ipod ear buds- they hurt so bad. Me and many of my classmates had our names engraved on ours, and lots of them ordered them online with the engraving.Txdiscodiva, does your stethescope have interchangeable ear pieces? I was looking at a friend's super expensive Littman and I really liked it...but I'll probably lose it at some point, if I'm being totally realistic :-p. So Im looking for something with comparable sound quality, but also one I can make fit my tiny ears comfortably.
- Quote from blondie12If you get a pair of Danskos make sure and try to break them in really well, before wearing them on the floor... I've heard many nurses talk about that and how painful it is to try and break them in while in clinicals. I'm older and unfortunately have problem feet, so I have 2 pairs of shoes I alternate. Some Saucony walking shoes and Alegria brand ones. They began making shoes primarily for nurses and are super comfortable! They have fabulous colors, so too bad we have to wear the boring old white onesOh no open back. Well nurse mates and dansko both have options for closed back which was what I was going for anyway.
- May 10, '12 by Candie116Txdiscodiva, where did y'all order the stethoscope from with engraving?
- May 10, '12 by alex1987For those of you who were accepted to Cy-Fair... 1st semester students don't use the school uniform, so you're allowed to wear regular sneakers (any kind/color). But my advise is to wait until orientation cause they might have changed that rule. Once you start clinicals you'll have to wear white nursing shoes or all white leader athletic shoes, ans as the handbook says: no clogs.Last edit by alex1987 on May 10, '12 : Reason: typo
- May 10, '12 by kaliseferWaiting for grades to post!!!
- May 10, '12 by tlcarter99Quote from kaliseferMe too! The waiting game again, huh?Waiting for grades to post!!!
- Last edit by TxDiscoDiva on May 10, '12