How can I prepare??Register Today!
This is a discussion on How can I prepare?? in Texas State Nursing Programs, part of Texas Nursing ... Hi! I just got my acceptance letter this week into NCTC's 2013 LVN program (I am so very excited!)....by blauren91 Sep 21, '12Hi! I just got my acceptance letter this week into NCTC's 2013 LVN program (I am so very excited!). I would love any advice from current students. I know there is only so much I can do, but I want to get a head start. Are there any books I might be able to read that might help? What were your clinical hours like?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=787846©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 743 Views
- Sep 24, '12 by Lesley7267Congratulations!!!!! I was also accepted for Spring 2013. What campus are you going to?
- Sep 24, '12 by VictoriaFL84if you are taking A&P in your program start reading that book now! That unit was hard for a lot of people in my class and needed a lot of study time for all the memorization
- Sep 24, '12 by blauren91Congratulations to you!! I'll be at the Gainesville campus. They are the only ones that offer the spring enrollment. Did you get accepted for in-class or online??
- Sep 25, '12 by mistymomof3Congratulations! I would brush up on ratio and proportions, read or reread A&P, and read a Nursing Fundamental book.I would buy your books as early as you can. Although our instructors did not teach the chapters in order, we have needed all the chapters. All that being said, most of all I would do anything NOT nursing related that you love..NOW. Because once your program starts it is ALL nursing Misty
- Sep 25, '12 by blauren91Orientation is November 8! That's when we will find out all the books we'll need and I'll probably buy them ASAP! I've already planned out a few roadtrips with friends and such and took a lot of time off of work for it. I told my manager I wanted to get all of my fun out of the way because for the next year this program will be my entire life (And I wouldn't want it any other way!) But thank you for your advice!
- Sep 25, '12 by MewsinI work in ltc right now and found a lpn who went to the same school, recently, and had her books and she has been kind enough to lend them to me. I don't start until Feb but I'm starting to make my flash cards now for a&p
- Sep 25, '12 by blauren91Whetr are you going to school?
- Sep 25, '12 by JustBeachyNursemoved to TX state nursing program forum
- Sep 25, '12 by Lesley7267I am going to the in class program at Gainesville I cant wait to get things started. I took my drug test yesterday. I really want to know what books we need so I can get them now.