HCC Spring 2012-Houston Community College - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 1, '11 by MC93I believe the drug test, physical, and immunizations must be completed PRIOR to the first day of RNSG 1301. You can't wait for orientation.
- Aug 2, '11 by CHUNKY_MUNKEYI don't see anywhere on the letter that states that the background check, immunizations, physical exam, drug screening, or CPR have to be completed by the first day of RNSG 1301. Hep B takes as long as 6 months to complete so its pretty much no brainer were going to be told at the HCC student orientation what is expected of us. Plus, orientation is the "first day of class."
- Aug 2, '11 by MC93That makes sense, especially as the RNSG 1301 invitation letter states that we will "accept immunizations" at orientation. A guidance counselor told me it must be completed by the first day of class, but perhaps she meant the first day of the RN program rather than the first day of RNSG 1301 orientation. I did receive a handout from the HCC during the Essential Requirements meeting about getting immunizations though, and I am not sure why they would give it out so early if it were not required early on. They gave it to me well before I took the HESI. I wish someone from the department would return my emails or calls.
- Aug 2, '11 by carrie380Hi Chunkey Munkey! Have u taken ur hesi yet? I am going to HCC starting this fall( I'll be at the northwest & stafford campuses) & I'd love to start a hesi study group. Im doing my sciences this semester & hope to apply to both hcc & Wharton this spring as well & I'm seriously nervous!
- Aug 2, '11 by carrie380Sorry, just saw the previous posts that u have already taken Hesi. They now require the teas v? I don't even know what that is! It seems everytime I get a piece of info from an advisor, I find out later something has changed. This whole process is really frustrating
- Aug 2, '11 by CHUNKY_MUNKEYQuote from carrie380Yup, I took the HESI last month. So you're going for a Fall 2012 intake to HCC & WCJC? When I found out that HCC was transitioning to the TEAS V I made sure HCC was still going to accept the HESI. I registered for the HESI as quick as possible because the TEAS V was much harder for me. Luckily HCC still accepted the HESI up until Aug 1, 2011. Anything after that students have to turn in a TEAS score.Hi Chunkey Munkey! Have u taken ur hesi yet? I am going to HCC starting this fall( I'll be at the northwest & stafford campuses) & I'd love to start a hesi study group. Im doing my sciences this semester & hope to apply to both hcc & Wharton this spring as well & I'm seriously nervous!
- Aug 3, '11 by CareAngelHello All,
I just stumbled upon this discussion and thought I'd chime in. I'm also applying at HCC for the Spring 2012 track. I received the Pharm letter giving me the "okay" to take Pharmacology. I just spoke to one of the secretaries at HCC, and she said that immunization are NOT required prior to orientation. The will just go over expectations and requirements should you get accepted into the Nursing program. Did anyone sign up for the 5pm-8pm pharm class (57777)????
- Aug 3, '11 by CHUNKY_MUNKEYI signed up for the morning class because it gives me more time to study in the afternoons & evenings.
- Aug 3, '11 by CareAngelHas anyone heard about the upcoming pharmacology course? I'm extremely nervous about this class and I have no clue as to what to expect.
- Aug 3, '11 by MC93Thank you for confirming that the immunizations can wait, CareAngel! From my understanding the course will require a lot of study time, but you can do it, so don't get nervous! :-) I will be in the morning class with you, CHUNKY_MUNKEY.