DFW future lvn student please help!Register Today!
This is a discussion on DFW future lvn student please help! in Texas State Nursing Programs, part of Texas Nursing ... Ok, so I need some help PLEASE! I am looking for a descent yet affordable program for LVN. I live...by txlvnstdt Apr 19, '11Ok, so I need some help PLEASE! I am looking for a descent yet affordable program for LVN. I live in Fort Worth and am looking in the DFW area. I have already looked into Concorde in Arlington and am unhappy with the $27,000 tuition. My parents are not able to help and definitely cannot get a loan to help out. I will not have a great chance of getting a loan either. Any help or advice you all could give me would be GREATLY appreciated. I am aware of Dallas Nursing Institute, Medvance, El Centro, and Platt but have not got the specifics of Pre-reqs and tuition. If you know anything please fill me in! J I have also come across this program: Universal Health Services School of Vocational Education in Fort Worth, do you have to be employed with them first? I would like to just get into a program without the pre-reqs. Are there any hospitals that will send you to a program? I donít have any good contacts in the field to help me with any of this so any advice would be helpful. Thank you all for what you do!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=554879©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,315 Views
- I start DNI NXT WED IS IT THAT YOU DONT WANT TO GET A LOAN?
- Quote from iLOVEPURRPLEI'm not against getting a loan, I just know that I have no credit so I'm not sure how the interest will be lol.I start DNI NXT WED IS IT THAT YOU DONT WANT TO GET A LOAN?
- Quote from iLOVEPURRPLEMay I ask how tuition is there?I start DNI NXT WED IS IT THAT YOU DONT WANT TO GET A LOAN?
- Quote from txlvnstdtThe RATES DEPEND ON WEN YOU START BFO JULY ITS 6.8% THEY HAVE A PAPER BUT LOL CREDIT? YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE crEDIT MA AMI'm not against getting a loan, I just know that I have no credit so I'm not sure how the interest will be lol.
- Quote from iLOVEPURRPLEWell that's good to know. Thanks. Good luck BTW!The RATES DEPEND ON WEN YOU START BFO JULY ITS 6.8% THEY HAVE A PAPER BUT LOL CREDIT? YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE crEDIT MA AM
- Thank you much if you decide to go study basic math if your not good at it
- May 25, '11 by acwilson06Hi there! i am a current student at Concorde! first of all you have to know that you do not need credit to get the federal loans, the only way you wont get them is if you have a federal loan in default. If your family is low income they may be able to give you grants to cover what the loan doesnt. and if worse comes to worse concorde will finance you up the 3000 to be paid off while you are going to school. i have heard a lot of negative things about dni and if concorde is closer i would reccommend you consider it. i know it sounds like a lot of money but the way i justified it was that as an lvn you will be making more money than what the program costs when you finish in a year, money that you would not have been making if you had hung around and started the pre reqs and waited around to get into a program. getting all the prereqs the schools want nowdays takes about a year, idk about you but i didnt have another year to wait. plus once you come up with the money and pass entrance test you are in!! garunteed! with regular colleges there is always the application waiting period and sadly there are people who still dont get in even with 4.0! Thats what happened to me anyway....there are a lot of negative things said about concorde..mostly money hungry comments. but for the most part i have enjoyed my study here and i reccommend it to everyone who doesnt have time to blow! time is money and the year has blown by and in two months i will be graduating making 3-4 times as much if i had waited around....well worth it to me.. plus there is a bridge program through lamar state college to take you from lvn-rn and they are partnered with uta to take you from rn-bsn....the likelyhood of you getting into a regular program is litterally 12:1 and if you dont make it you have to wait even longer. suck it up and sign on the dotted line! its a big debt to have but there is no one in my class that has regrets as of yet! good luck with whatever you decide!!
- May 26, '11 by TXLVNSTUDENT12ThERE IS ALWAYS BAD REVIEWS AND FLAWS AT EVERY SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL IS PERFECT YOU RECOMMEND CONCORD I RECOMMEND DNI! S.N....PEOPLE IN MT CLASS LOVED THE SCHOOL UNTIL THEY FAILD A TEST THEY HAD 2 WEEKS TO STUDY FOR...SO EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT EACH SCHOOL IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT ..DESPITE THE REVIEWS I CHOSE TO GO N I LOVE IT! O AMD GOOD LUCK ON FINISHIN SOON