Baylor FastBacc 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- May 5, '12 by Ranibu@financetohealth: hey! So were you at orientation these past two days? FASTBACC 2013? I'm Rani.....
- May 15, '12 by flowerpowernowCurious- for the fastbacc I see a lot of Prerec GPAs and Sciences GPAs....isn't the GPA from our bachelor degree a necessary minimum of 3.0 or do they only look at GPA of prerecs and science and we've just gotta have a Bach degree?!My undergrad gpa from Univ. TX @ Austin is not good- didnt know I'd one day want admittance into Baylor's Fastbacc!Any idea?
- May 15, '12 by sugarmagnolia018I think they do look at the previous Bachelors GPA. My advice is, go in and talk to the adviser. They can look over your transcripts and let you know what you can do to improve your chances of being accepted. One of the girls at the open house thing suggested I do that and I think being able to talk to the adviser and tell them my story a little had a lot to do with me getting into Fastbacc, because my BA GPA was not very high. Hope that helps!
- May 15, '12 by RanibuI second what sugarmagnolia said...just call or email or meet with an advisor. They're one of the nicest people you'll run into. I think your prereq and science gpa's hold more weight than the undergrad. Sugarmagnolia....did you start at Brookhaven? Fastbacc started yesterday.....phewwwww!
- Jun 11, '12 by Cupcakes321hey everyone, I am applying to spring 2013 of baylor for fastbacc. I was wondering, for those that got accepted, how did financial aid work out for you?? please reply! thank you!!
- Jun 11, '12 by RanibuYou apply for FAFSA, and that qualifies you for any scholarships. Scholarships are awarded based on merit and need. Theres really no foolproof way to know if or how much you get. Pretty much everyone can get loans, though. Good luck!
- Jul 12, '12 by Cupcakes321Thanks on the reply! I went to a recent open house and the advisors said anyone going into FastBacc don't get much financial aid at all. They will only let you take out loans, but no grants or any of that sort =/
- Oct 16, '12 by mphillipsHi All:
Does anyone know if you can take one section of the HESI? I had to take the exam for UTA, but they did not require the Science part, and I believe this is needed to apply to Baylor. I remember skipping that section as instructed in the exam, wondering if there is a way to complete the A&P piece without retaking the whole thing?? Thanks!!
- Oct 18, '12 by luvwestiesHi mphillips! Glad to see you over here. I spoke to the Baylor advisor, and she told me that you would have to take the whole test over not just the AP and chemistry section only. I'm in the same boat because I didn't the science sections either. It's a bummer.
- Oct 23, '12 by mphillipsQuote from luvwestiesI am trying to get the stuff for the application together, how did you get your Baylor ID# that they ask for on the app? Also, how did you just call there and ask to speak with an advisor, or did you get one assigned.Hi mphillips! Glad to see you over here. I spoke to the Baylor advisor, and she told me that you would have to take the whole test over not just the AP and chemistry section only. I'm in the same boat because I didn't the science sections either. It's a bummer.
I am hoping that Baylor's process may be a little more straight forward than UTA's!