AE MSN University of Texas 2013Register Today!
- by Kat_Walk Mar 23, '12Anybody else interested in or applying to the AE MSN program at UT-Austin for summer of 2013? I'd love to start a group discussion to help each other with questions and concerns people might have.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=689362©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 12,240 Views
- Apr 17, '12 by faithngraceI'm interested and in fact, I recently went in for the AE MSN open house. I'm glad you started this discussion. What track are you interested in? For me, it's the Family Psych/Mental Health NP.
- Apr 30, '12 by LizHopeQuote from Kat_WalkKat_Walk I saw that you asked for advice on the 2012 forum. Some quick stats for me..Anybody else interested in or applying to the AE MSN program at UT-Austin for summer of 2013? I'd love to start a group discussion to help each other with questions and concerns people might have.
I had over a 3.8 gpa for my undergrad....but they only counted upper division so that lowered it to a 3.5 something.
I had almost a 4.0 in prereqs...one B at the time of application.
My GRE was 1190.
I had about 100 hours of volunteering at a hospital.
I really tried to write a good essay and discuss how this was really what I wanted to do.
The program is getting more and more competitive though, so unfortunately I don't think my stats guaranteed my admission. It was really close this year, so I think I was lucky that I made it.
My advice is, write a GOOD essay that the admissions committee will like and respond to..maybe even relate to.....keep your prereqs up as much as possible. Study hard for the GRE, get as much volunteer experience or healthcare work in as possible, and keep your fingers crossed. Oh and, I tried to get good recommendations. 2 were volunteer supervisors, and the third was a liberal arts professor who I knew well, and I thought she would attest to my abilities more than any science professors I've had.
Hope that helps a little.
- Jul 18, '12 by rmansarayHI,
I just joined allnurses and I am trying to apply for the 2013 class.
I was at first going for the adult health CNS track, but now I am leaning towards either maternity with public health role spec. or public health track.
I am studying for the GRE, getting a little nervous because I am to take it in about 3 weeks.
How far along are you with your prereqs and application stuff?
- Jul 30, '12 by jordangoldHey everyone! I am applying for the maternity program with role specialty in teaching or public health. I have all but 2 prerequisites completed (pharmacology and human growth and development) and I still need to take the GRE. Hopefully we will all get accepted!!
- Aug 10, '12 by zilamakuszilamakus,
So what constitute a good essay? my undergraduate gap stands at 3.9 and I have made all As in the prerequisites (left with two though). My only problem is to write a very GOOD statement of purpose. Any suggestions as to how I should go by it? I am interested in either the psych NP or the adult gerontology CNS
- Aug 19, '12 by faithngraceI think a good essay is one that gives a detailed explanation as to why you would like to be admitted into the program. It should also explain why you are choosing a particular specialty. I am really nervous too.
- Nov 13, '12 by Sarah.GonzagaQuote from Kat_WalkSoooo...who's waiting with me?! I have applied for Maternity Nursing/Public Health.Anybody else interested in or applying to the AE MSN program at UT-Austin for summer of 2013? I'd love to start a group discussion to help each other with questions and concerns people might have.
- Nov 13, '12 by jordangoldI'm waiting too, Sarah! I applied for maternity/administration.
- Nov 13, '12 by Sarah.GonzagaYaaaaay!!! It's gonna be a long wait! Good luck to you!