ACC Spring 2013 hopefulsRegister Today!
- by ariathel Oct 28, '11Anyone else out there? I'm starting my prerequisites this spring, and will be applying this summer for the spring of 13. Anyone else in the same boat?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=634501©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,545 Views
- Jun 18, '12 by katetexasI'm in that boat. Hopefully some more people will join us. I can't believe how hard it is to get into the program now. Good luck!
- Jul 20, '12 by bear mountainI hope more people join this blog. I applied for Spring 2013 at ACC and would love to get feed back from other students.
- Jul 20, '12 by bear mountainI joined! The nursing program is hard to get into. I think I will need to take some classes over again in the Fall. Taking classes over is not something that I want to do, but have to do for the program.
- Jul 22, '12 by kdell23This is my second time applying to the program. I applied for the fall '12 semester with only 48 points (hadn't finished all the co-req's yet). This time I've got 61 points, so I'm hoping that'll be enough to get me in! I guess you never know though...
- Jul 25, '12 by bear mountainGood luck Kdell 23.
- Aug 26, '12 by michellemcI'm anxiously waiting to hear if I get in this spring. I applied for Fall 2012 with a ranking score of 54.18 (I had two B's) and did not even get offered Nursing Skills. My ranking position was 223 out of 478 applicants. They took 95 applicants.
I took Psychology over, so now I have a 55.09 plus 5 for reapplying equals 60.09. I think this will be on the edge.
The cutoff for first round (first 95 letters sent) in Fall 2012 was 59.8 points. After deferments and people who didn't pass background checks or dropped out, they ended up taking students whose ranking position was in the 120's, and I don't know what that ranking score was. Tammy did tell me I was a few people away from being able to take the Nursing Skills class in the fall.
Good luck to all. It's gonna be a long wait!
- Sep 3, '12 by elfimkaI just took HESI this August and applied for Spring. With the current wait list, I will probably not get in till Fall 2013. When do you get our rank number, do you guys know?
- Sep 5, '12 by sungalHey guys, just another hopeful here. I'm expecting to get rejected for Spring 2013, since I don't have some of the co-reqs done yet. I'm using this application round as a gateway to admission in Fall 2013 (with re-application/review points and fingers crossed!). I'd love to see what my ranking will be in this admission period, though. And the cutoff number of points and rank. That will be interesting for me.
What else? Hmmm, I'm taking some of my co-reqs this semester, and also starting on my ADN-to-BSN co-reqs. I'm also thinking of applying to other programs, but haven't really looked into that fully yet. I have to go to ACC's transfer university orientation or their transfer counselor for that, I'm assuming. I don't know if anyone else has pursued other alternatives to ACC, but if you have let me know.
I have found information when they'll be sending us information about our Spring 2013 admission. I guess posted at the end of August on ACC's nursing website.
2nd 8 week section petitions will be given after the application period is over and all applications are processed (3-4 weeks). Updates will be posted here.
Ranking Calculation Emails
Ranking calculation emails will be sent after all the applications are processed (3-4 weeks).
Fall Acceptance Letter
Letters will not be sent until October.
- Sep 8, '12 by murseman24Currently waiting in line.... anyone else think this is ridiculous? A 4.0 GPA and A on the HESI can't get you in? I have done quite a bit of poking around into other programs including Texas State and other programs outside of Austin and Texas (contemplating moving for reasons outside of nursing school), and I haven't found one that you couldn't get into with a perfect score. Austin pays a couple of dollars less for nurses from what I've heard around town compared with Houston and Dallas, and in fact I hear Houston is a great place to find a job, Austin not so much. How do we know that the minimum cut-off point won't raise next application period? By the time I'm accepted and done, I might just as well be applying to P.A. school.