UTMB Fall 2013 - Page 20Register Today!
- Feb 13 by HoustonCAPiNo need to apologise at all dear, I was just giving reasons to why the tuition may have gone up and tht it was an unwelcomed shock to me when they said it and gave it to us on paper...I was shocked bcz I can't qualify for financial aide and tht pretty much hit me like a brick wall, I'm sorry if my response to u seemed Crass in any way, it was totally unintentional...
- Feb 13 by uhmanduh09Quote from HoustonCAPiI hear you with the financial aid. My parents make JUST over the limit for assistance but they don't make enough to afford the extra expenses of university tuition. I may have to end up working part time until next year when Im 23 and can file fafsa as an independent.No need to apologise at all dear, I was just giving reasons to why the tuition may have gone up and tht it was an unwelcomed shock to me when they said it and gave it to us on paper...I was shocked bcz I can't qualify for financial aide and tht pretty much hit me like a brick wall, I'm sorry if my response to u seemed Crass in any way, it was totally unintentional...
- I know a lot of people don't want to hear this but we can qualify for student loans yes I know I don't want to either but sometime you have to, I might just take off enough to pay for one semester than pay off the next semester myself, I just don't think anyone should post pone their education because of $ especilly nursing school you never know what will happen down the road the program will probably just get more expensive and our science classes will expire I don't know about y'all but I don't feel like retaking a ton of classes but to each their own if I'm accepted ill do anything to make it happen that's all I know
- Feb 13 by HoustonCAPiThat's true, do u kno when the science classes expire for UTMB? I havnt gotten that info yet,
- I believe it's 5 year from when you first take them
- Feb 13 by rmegsterQuote from HoustonCAPiBefore you all freak out about cost. Here is where the confusion lies. Tuition at utmb is low in comparison to other schools, especially private universities. The website tuition rate is correct for in state vs out of state tuition cost.NO clue what happened to the super DETAILED response I wrote u yesterday. For some reason it did not go through when i pressed send but who knows! ANYHOW, congrats on getting into SAM HOUSTON GIRLY!!! The open house cleared up ALLOT of things I was misinformed on by comments on here and the actual website of the school. FOR ONE, the tuition is not low, like AT ALL it costs a little over 33 THOUSAND for Texas residents that will live OFF campus, 52 thousand if u will live ON campus. And non Texas resident tuition is 70 THOUSAND ON campus) and 51 thousand off campus! Where that price range they have on the website came from, I have no clue. Its not a lengthy program because they go to school through the summer which is great, and they stated allot that they look at the entire applicant and not just bits and pieces many times so don't be intimidated for the people that don't have 4.0s and that didn't score a million hundred thousand on the TEAS like everyone on here seems to have scored lol .. anything else u want to know that may have been discussed in the info session let me know! the message i wrote yesterday was so much more detailed but i have forgotten what all i put in it lol ! There are no classes offered online for the traditional BSN program, they have to be on campus 2 days clinical two days with one day off.
The 30, 50, 70k+ number is all inclusive for TOTAL cost of living. It's an aproximate # for Rent, food, transportation, books, etc AND tuition. You want this number to be a high approximation in order to get loan money If you plan to live off of loans. Do you have to spend or borrow that much? Heck no! Keep your cost of living low to avoid massive amounts of debt. Make smart choices.
Sorry for the confusion, but those numbers are not for just cost of attendance, they include cost of living. Hope that clears that up.
- Feb 13 by rmegsterQuote from hallie.yHi Hallie!Hey Megan, my name is Hallie, we met yesterday at the info session and I was asking you a few questions on the tour you gave. There was one question I totally forgot to ask you yesterday. What time are your guys classes usually from and to during the week when you're not doing clinicals?
It changes from semester to semester. Last.semester for example we went 9-12 one day and 8-4 another. This semester it's 1-6:30pm and then 9-4 another (these are just lecture classes). It changes each semester due to changes in room requests from all the various schools at utmb (med, ot,pt, etc).
It was nice to meet you!
- Oh wow I really appreciate your feed back, i could deffinitly understand total cost of living but as far as just 33,000 for tuition only plus living, and books, and supplies on top of that, that's what had me freaking out! So is anyone have this thought in your head like just two more days, two more days, haha I don't know why I'm so excited just for the deadline to close!!!!
- Feb 13 by jshanice11hay guys. i just took my teas test today for the second time and got a 75. it increased 5 points from last time but i still don't think its good enough. if you guys don't mind asking what was your teas score?
- Feb 13 by uhmanduh09Quote from tessthebestI'm right with you!! I keep looking at my account anyways lolOh wow I really appreciate your feed back, i could deffinitly understand total cost of living but as far as just 33,000 for tuition only plus living, and books, and supplies on top of that, that's what had me freaking out! So is anyone have this thought in your head like just two more days, two more days, haha I don't know why I'm so excited just for the deadline to close!!!!