UTMB Fall 2012 - page 4
HI! I am applying for the traditional BSN program at UTMB that starts Fall 2012. I am taking my TEAS this friday and I wanted to know if anyone else here is applying for the same semester. Hopefully there are others so I dont... Read More
- 0Dec 30, '11 by text59823polysaturate - it's been a while since I applied, but I don't remember having to have my transcripts accredited by another company. I know most schools will use SPEEDE to send the transcripts to UTMB electronically, which is what UTMB prefers, but that's all I know.
In my opinion, I wouldn't use NursingCAS, because of the delay. All your transcripts must be sent to them, and once your application and payment are complete through NursingCAS, only then do they send it to UTMB. And all this still must be done before UTMB's deadline. I got this from the NursingCAS FAQ website: Now, I could be reading it wrong, but that seems to be a pretty big delay.
Q: When should I start the application process?
A: APPLY EARLY! Submitting your materials early will ensure timely processing and help avoid delays. Once your application has a complete date, it can take 4 to 6 weeks for your designated programs to view your verified application in “real time” in their admissions portal. Your application is considered complete when NursingCAS has received the following:
- Electronic Application
- All Official Transcripts
- 0Dec 30, '11 by ktdiditHey guys! I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas break and are getting all their items in before the deadline that is quickly approaching! I took the TEAS last week and the HESI this week and WOW were they different! I'm looking forward to being done with the application process only to sit and wait (impatiently of course) to hear anything back from UTMB! I live in Houston and will be commuting back and forth ... anyone else doing this? Anyway here are my results from my tests! Good luck to everybody and hope you all have a Happy New Year!
Teas Overall: 84.7
I'm applying to UTHSC as well and got a 96% on the HESI. If anyone needs any help or advice through their application process I'd be happy to help!
- 0Dec 31, '11 by lvl1traumaktdidit: i'm also planning on doing the same if i get in to utmb. i'm applying to twu, ut-houston, and utmb. now its up to them to take me! a coworker of mine is almost done with nursing school and spent her 2 years commuting from houston to galveston. definitely doable! i also took my hesi and teas 2 weeks ago (12/19 and 12/21 respectively). hope ya'll have a good new years!
teas overall: 90
- 0Dec 31, '11 by HemphiaI hope everyone had a great christmas. Well I took the TEAS this week, and I was not happy with my scores. I feel like I did poorly I got a 76%... but the last time I took an english class was many years ago... and I cannot even remember when I last learned anything to do with Earth science, etc. I did great on the scientific reasoning and the human anatomy section. I don't want to retake this test.... Guess I will just submit with those scores and try to make sure my student statement stands out so I can get an interview..... Hope everyone has a Happy New Year
- 0Dec 31, '11 by ktdiditHemphia I hope everyone had a great christmas. Well I took the TEAS this week, and I was not happy with my scores. I feel like I did poorly I got a 76%... but the last time I took an english class was many years ago... and I cannot even remember when I last learned anything to do with Earth science, etc. I did great on the scientific reasoning and the human anatomy section. I don't want to retake this test.... Guess I will just submit with those scores and try to make sure my student statement stands out so I can get an interview..... Hope everyone has a Happy New Year
- 0Jan 3, '12 by bluescriptHi Im new to the board and would love to go to UTMB! I was first considering the BACC2 program since I already have a degree but after finding out it is mostly online I have been thinking about doing the BSN program. Unfortunately, the deadline is Jan. 15 and I haven't taken the TEAS. There is a TEAS offered in Houston on Jan 14 by UTMB for UTMB applicants only. Im wondering if the test scores go directly to them? Or will it be too late for the fall deadline? I plan on calling them tomorrow but I wanted to know if anyone knew....Thanks!
- 0Jan 5, '12 by ofudgeeitsjoyHey guys! I was wondering if you guys notice a incomplete to do item on your application on mystar. Its called courses in progress. I called UTMB enrollment earlier and they told me that its for people that are still attending a college while applying to the university and it doesn't affect your application process. I was just wondering if anyone else has that on their to-do list.
- 0Jan 6, '12 by Mdc_2011Hey guys! The application deadline is coming up so soon!! And I am getting anxious already! I sent in all of my required documents and app, so I've done all I can do now! My teas score was only a 75.6 so I'm a little disappointed about that. I start up the spring semester in about a week for prereqs so hopefully that distracts me from worrying about how long it's taking to hear back from utmb. Good luck to everyone applying!!!Oh and does anyone know about how long it takes after sending in my application to hear stuff about the mystar account so we can check the progress of our application? Thank you,
- 1Jan 9, '12 by readyforutmbhi everyone!! i havent checked for replies since i started this thread so im excited to see the replies!! I am done with my application for UTMB. I still have "courses in progress" on my mystar but i called enrollment services and she said it is fine not worry. MDC_2011 i was emailed my mystar login info a few days after i submitted my application i believe so i would call them if u still have not got that email. Only 6 days till the app closes! i am so excited cant wait to hopefully hear from them my GPA is 4.0 and I made a 88 on the TEAS. I have been a CNA for two yrs now so I hope i am qualified in their eyes. Well i guess we just have to wait now.....