UTHSC-Houston Spring 2013 - page 48
Hi, I am new to allnurses.com and i wanted to start a topic for the Spring 2013 applicants at UTHSC Houston. Where we can keep each other posted on the process as it nears. I have yet to take the HESI but i wonder if anyone... Read More
- 0Sep 10, '12 by desjt3Quote from HemphiaThank you Hemphia! What were your stats when applied to the Fall 2012?Hello Spring Applicants.
I know that y'all are all stressing right now, I was in your shoes just this past spring. I feel your pain, but I can tell you that it was worth it for me. If you go the the Fall 2012 group, I was an ACTIVE poster, always freaking out wondering what the school was looking for. I can honestly say I still don't know why they chose me over others, but I am happy that I made first cut and that I am attending my dream school. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask, and I will attempt to check in and answer what I can. I want to help.... but I cannot answer what, if anything, will increase your odds.
I just want to wish each of you good luck. This chaos is just the beginning of the craziness you will experience in nursing school. I honestly think that they torture the applicants so that they know what TRUE stress feels like. We are 2 weeks in and tests are looming already.... and they won't stop till Dec when the semester ends. I now think that the application stress was the easiest.
FYI - That is a transcript evaluation. Some of you will get them and some of you won't. But that does not play into if you get an acceptance email/letter. They try to get them out to all, so that you know for sure which courses they are using and which ones aren't going towards your pre-reqs.... it is also so you can know what classes you have to have completed by the start date with atleast a C. I know members of my class who never got an eval, so don't fret if you never get one.
Also did you have a green circle or yellow triangle while waiting?
- 0Sep 10, '12 by marylynn70Well....after my whole transcript fiasco....they finally recieved it and took it off my to do list but still have not taken off HESI....which I took in August...argh..... I recieved a transcript eval months ago which was weird becuase I still needed pretty much everything...but now that it is all in and complete, I have not recieved an updated one. I think I have decided to just stop thinking about it and not worry...there is nothing we can do now, right????? Hate this process!!!!
- 0Sep 10, '12 by dee1388Quote from marylynn70I know! I feel the same way. When I submitted my application to UTMB, once it was completed they sent me an e-mail saying they had received everything and will contact me with an answer within 6 weeks or whatever ( which gave me peace of mind, knowing everything was good to go). I wish they did the same at UTHSC!Well....after my whole transcript fiasco....they finally recieved it and took it off my to do list but still have not taken off HESI....which I took in August...argh..... I recieved a transcript eval months ago which was weird becuase I still needed pretty much everything...but now that it is all in and complete, I have not recieved an updated one. I think I have decided to just stop thinking about it and not worry...there is nothing we can do now, right????? Hate this process!!!!
- 1Sep 11, '12 by HemphiaIn answer to your question desjt3 - I believe that with UT Health I had a green circle the whole time. And I was still completing my final 4 pre-reqs. Some had the triangles that got accepted, others had circles. It did not play a part with admittance for any of us. That being said, I know that we were the first to be applicants with the new system. So I am unsure if they are still working out any kinks. I know that with the previous applicants and old system, when a person experienced a hold change, holds added, then that was a sign that the person had been admitted even before the green check or email, etc. With the new system, there was not any rhyme or reason to those admitted. The system was down for several weeks.... When it finally came back up, there were some with hold some without. I thought I was out of the game because I did not have any changes on my account. Well..... I was the first to notice I received a green check. Some who had changes were accepted, some who didn't also got accepted (me).
And FYI - My Stats are as follows... I believe these numbers are correct... I don't have them on hand right now.
Overall GPA - 3.69
Science GPA - 4.0
HESI Overal - 87.86%
AP - 80% (lowest score)
CT - 870
Good Luck to each of y'all. Trust me when I say.... RELAX! I know that is easier said than done, but stressing yourself out does you no good. Don't check your account constantly... when they tell you a date that they will have notifications by, they are really good about being true to that. We were told April 15th.... My check was on Friday, April 13. I got my email on Monday I believe, the 16th.
- 0Sep 11, '12 by desjt3Thank you so much! I have the icky yellow triangle but I registered for my last pre-req before sending the school my transcripts...and they are telling me that is why the yellow triangle will remain there.
Silly question, did you have any C's on your pre-reqs? I have two.. the rest are all A's and two B's. The C's are in History 1301 and English 1302 from years ago when I took a ton of classes at once to get through them, not really concerning myself with B or higher. :/
My stats are very similiar to yours Pre-req 3.68 and Science 4.0 94.8% on HESI with an 820CT. Thank you again for the information, the wait is brutal but I will not be checking anything until mid November! It's out of my hands now!