UTHSC-Houston Spring 2013 - Page 106Register Today!
- Dec 3, '12 by sol0305Quote from oceaniseThank you for your sharing oceanise, very helpful information!The critical thinking section isn't too hard. You can usually eliminate 2 of the choices right away, then you'd just have to figure out which of the remaining 2 is the best answer. I didn't prepare for it and scored an 850. Even if I did prepare, there's only so much you can really do. Some people used the book "Fundamental's Success" though. I do have a copy of this book but didn't look through it until after the HESI... it might be helpful because it gives you an idea of the types of questions that you'll see on the test. Either way, I honestly wouldn't stress about the CT section that much.
The Elsevier study guide is definitely the best resource for the math/grammar/reading comp sections, and even the vocab section is pretty helpful. If you want an additional resource, search for HESI vocab on quizlet.com and you'll find some flashcard sets. For A&P, I'd recommend the book "E-Z Anatomy and Physiology."
The school prefers you to submit your transcript electronically, but it's perfectly find if you send it through the mail. Just make sure it's an official copy, which you'll have to buy from your school.
- Dec 3, '12 by kmcfarMy daughter received a certified letter today, too late to pick it up, it's from UT Houston School of Nursing. What does this mean, she has a biology degree and has applied to the nursing program, Accelerated. Thanks
- Dec 4, '12 by Kimbers2882Could be anything.... Deadline for the accelerated program was Dec. 1st. Not sure they would have done transcript evals just yet, but would be interesting if they have.
- Dec 4, '12 by herrismithHi all! Who is applying for the 2nd degree BSN starting in May? I've applied for that, and am now waiting.... From what I've read, admissions decisions aren't made until mid-April! Gah!
I got a 95.6 on my HESI, an 860 on the critical thinking.
nursing prereqs - 3.745
science gpa - 3.5 (freakin' chemistry!)
overall gpa (for BA) - 3.676
I had been taking it for granted that I'd get in, but I've been humbled quite a bit after reading this thread! I will probably apply to TWU by the February deadline as well, but that means I've got to take the TEAS, which I've been told is harder. Another GAH!
looking forward to chatting with you guys. Freaking out while waiting is much more tolerable with others who are freaking out while waiting.
- Dec 4, '12 by root.userQuote from herrismithHonestly, I would say you have good stats for TWU. They look at some different things (see the TWU forums), but my stats were similar to yours and I was accepted this semester (wait-listed @ UT). And having a previous bac degree will give you a slight boost at TWU.I had been taking it for granted that I'd get in, but I've been humbled quite a bit after reading this thread! I will probably apply to TWU by the February deadline as well, but that means I've got to take the TEAS, which I've been told is harder. Another GAH!
As far as the TEAS goes, I didn't think it was a LOT harder, but I did score lower. My HESI was in the mid 90's, but my TEAS was in the mid 80's. On the other hand, I explicitly remember being in the 95th percentile nationwide for TEAS - so go figure. I took the two exams within a week or ten days of each other, and did little to prepare for them. So I wouldn't worry too much, with your stats, you can definitely get in somewhere.
- Dec 5, '12 by Kimbers2882I have applied to the Accelerated BSN May start program as well. Waiting game for us starts now.... After watching all the post for those who applied for the Spring Semester we might start finding out acceptance in March! They had until mid-Nov and started finding out in Oct. We shall see... Let the fun times begin!!
- Dec 9, '12 by HoneyBug0112Do you think its too late to apply for the fall 2013?Last edit by HoneyBug0112 on Dec 9, '12
- Dec 9, '12 by jayn108Quote from HoneyBug0112No, fall 2013 deadline is January 15, 2013Do you think its too late to apply for the fall 2013?