Tyler Junior College RN studentsRegister Today!
- by nursebettybntex Jul 28, '08I'm starting my first semester of the nursing program on Aug. 25th. I'm extremely excited to start but have not found out the days or times of classes. If anyone that has been in the program here or just starting and can give input on what kind of schedule to expectI would greatly appreciate it! I'm trying to work on drop off and pickups for my two kids and need a general idea how many days I'll need schedule other transportation for them.
- Jul 30, '08 by CRIMSONHi, I am starting August also. I really thought there were no other RN students on this board from TJC other than the few that are already into 3rd semester.
I tried hard to get Mrs Dugan to give up the days, ect. just this Tuesday and she says won't be finalized until orientation. You know in pre-orientation Mrs. Seeton stated they were trying to go to a 3 day instead of 4 day. Which would make 3 full days 8-530ish + clinical is still 0530-1730 last I heard. Anyways, she still saying may start out 4 days for a "few" weeks and then drop to 3.
So are you ready? Books gotten and uniforms? I am looking at PDA's and cannot make up my mind. I am dreading it and ready to get it going all at once.
- Jul 31, '08 by nursebettybntexI talked to them today and had the same answer, pretty much mon-thurs 8 to 3:30 or 4. I'm looking at PDA's also, giving my daughter my blackberry and trying to decide between to Palm or Blackjack. I doubt anyone this semester will have them but i have heard from other previous students they liked using them. No books yet, I'm going next sat. while its open just for alllied health students. Shoes, that's driving me crazy, I looked today and really was hoping that we wouldn't have to get the "grandma" shoes, but that's looking like all we can choose from. Got my CPR cert done today, just a little over 3 weeks left till we start! I'm super nervous, but excited!
- Jul 31, '08 by CRIMSONQuote from nursebettybntexWell I am trying to narrow the PDA between the Palm T/X and HP IpaQ 211. As far as shoes, Seeton said anything all leather and solid white or black. I have a pair of all leather solid white nike shocks and they are pretty comfy esp. with the inserts I put in. I think I will get another pair b/c the only other shoes I love are my crocs and for school I will have to hold off. I bought all my books online b/c you just save soooo much. I do have to get the ADN orientation pack and the Nurse practice act on the 16th as well. I have been watching the online versions of the classes and they still say "under construction" but I have been looking over the syllabus that has been put up for RN1260. It's 11 pages and there is a few items listed like pen light, watch w/second hand ect.I talked to them today and had the same answer, pretty much mon-thurs 8 to 3:30 or 4. I'm looking at PDA's also, giving my daughter my blackberry and trying to decide between to Palm or Blackjack. I doubt anyone this semester will have them but i have heard from other previous students they liked using them. No books yet, I'm going next sat. while its open just for alllied health students. Shoes, that's driving me crazy, I looked today and really was hoping that we wouldn't have to get the "grandma" shoes, but that's looking like all we can choose from. Got my CPR cert done today, just a little over 3 weeks left till we start! I'm super nervous, but excited!
It is nice to see not only another student starting same class but close to my age as well. LOL, I feel so old. Good luck and maybe I'll see ya at the bookstore on the 16th.
- Aug 2, '08 by Chazer67Hey guys,
I'm starting this Fall at TJC too. I was beginning to think that there were no TJC students on this forum as well. I'm really excited but also really nervous. I'm gonna be using my Ipod Touch as a PDA. I have a Palm TX but the Touch is much easier to use. I think i'm also going to look at digital voice recorders for taping lectures. I've heard there are programs that will transcribe the digital recordings on your pc. I've never recorded lectures before but I think I'll give it a try.
Look forward to meeting everyone and getting a good study group started.
- Aug 3, '08 by nursebettybntexCan you tell me where you purchased our nike shox? I've been looking and haven't found them yet. Where did you find the syllabus and nursing class syllabus? I looked on Apache access but it still list my last semester online classes. I thought when this all started that I may have been too old to stat nursing school, but now that it's about to start it looks like our age group is the median age. That makes me feel better!
- Aug 3, '08 by nursebettybntexWhat programs are you looking for putting on you pda? I've looked at a few things online, but wanted the most bang for the buck. Looking forward to class, we may need the study group as soon as it all starts!
- Aug 3, '08 by Chazer67I got all black Nike Shox at the Finish Line at Broadway Square Mall. They are pretty pricey and after an 8 hour clinical in the ER I don't think they are any better than any other shoe. I'll go cheaper next.
As far as programs for the PDA, I have Epocrates on my Touch right now but haven't tried it out yet. I haven't really looked at many of the programs yet.
- Aug 3, '08 by CRIMSONHey, good to see another TJC student here. That makes 3 of us to start for the fall, yeah!
I bought a palm t/x, i am still looking through the diff programs still trying to decide what all to load. I am sure will be a drug guide, lab manual and dictionary for basics to start. As for Shox I bought my all leather all white @ champs in the mall. It is the insoles I add to make them xtra comfy. The insoles are memory foam w/gell in the heel and @ $20 they are awesome.
Yea, I am afraid w/ my "age" I will definitely have to go study group early. I was thinking I gotta set up my yahoo msgr so can keep in touch with ev1 (easier than posting and waiting) and Ms. Seeton is to have open chat once a week via ymsgr.
Looking fwd to meeting everyone.