twu spring 2012 applicants! - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 22, '11 by saraiishQuote from April1988Hello! im not sure of TWU repeat policy i kn0ow pvamu only allows two attempts to get is C to get a course counted, call TWU have you applied to school?saraiish, i'm pretty much in the same boat you are, except I finished all my pre-reqs. do you think having retakes will affect us much? i know they count the last grade but im scared because I've taken AP I about 3 times but i've made an A the third time and also an A my first time with APII. Good luck on your TEAS exam!
- Jun 22, '11 by saraiishQuote from jaxtaseno dont worry its not true, it depends on a bunch of factors i heard of people with 3.2s getting in and people with 4.0s not, so it all depends, i am a student there altho i dont have any class credit from. how do we get into patho?Hello TWU 2012 Applicants!
I am new to this online forum thing but I was excited to see others who are applying for spring 2012 to TWU. Are you guys applying to Dallas or Houston? So far, i have a 3.9 GPA with A's on first attempts for all the science courses, but my A and P I and II are transferred from another school and i don't know if i will get credit for them. I have not taken the teas yet, but i will be taking it in july. i am really nervous about being able to get in. I do not get the .4 gpa bump because i am not a twu student, well ive been accepted to the university but i am starting in fall. I will be taking patho and 3 other general ed classes. I heard that it is very hard to get accepted if your gpa is not around a 4.0, which i am hoping isnt true! anyway i hope we all get in!
- Jul 6, '11 by Cienfueguera[quote=April1988;5282665]saraiish, i'm pretty much in the same boat you are, except I finished all my pre-reqs. do you think having retakes will affect us much? i know they count the last grade but im scared because I've taken AP I about 3 times but i've made an A the third time and also an A my first time with APII. Good luck on your TEAS exam!
Do not worry, TWU's nursing pages says that they will look at your most recent scores for calculting your GPA, they do look your first attempt in the APs, micro, and stat. for admission to the nursing program, and for each A made on those 4, the'll give you a point.
It doesn't matter not having all with As, I do have micro with a B, and I have F in a chemistry and phil. class on the first attempt, but on the second attempt I got a B, and A. Teas score 92.6 and I am really hopeful to get in, so lets see and pray.
Good luck to everyone applying.
- Jul 10, '11 by saraht13I am also applying to TWU for the spring 2012 semester. I've heard that the average GPA accepted is a 3.7. I know my stats aren't that great but I do have at least a 3.5. I am not going to get the .4 GPA bump either and I have not take the TEAS for TWU yet. Does anyone know people who have been accepted with a lower GPA? I'm so nervous about this whole application process!
- Jul 13, '11 by manowhopefulrnsoonHello to all!! Another spring 2012 hopeful here! I am also applying at TCC and WC. Congrats to all with a good gpa. AFter summer I will have a 3.5 with a 92% on my TEAS. I don't have any first attempt preferences though. The advisor at TWU said gpa, first attempts and TEAS are all 1/3 of a pie. I've seen anywhere from 3.2 to 4.0 getting in.
guess we'll have to wait and see..
- Jul 16, '11 by saraiishgot a 72 on teas, so i know i have to take it again, how did you study?
- Jul 16, '11 by Viki77From what I know you are only allowed to take the TEAS exam once per application term.
- Jul 16, '11 by Viki77Your not allowed to retake the Teas test, your only allowed one attempt!
- Jul 18, '11 by angelic1399Hello. I'm applying to UTHSC and TWU Houston. I thought about applying in other cities but I don't want to leave the Houston area. I'm not applying to PVAMU because I heard they frown upon 2nd attempt courses. So I'm praying that I get into one of these schools this Spring. I'm currently studying for the HESI and TEAS exam.
- Jul 19, '11 by heavykevyHey all,
I have been monitoring these forums of the different schools I applied for and I just now decided to join. I too applied for Spr2012 at TWU, along with UTHSC, UTMB and UTHSCSA.
3.75, 89.7 and 7 yrs as an Army combat medic.
See you guys around hopefully.