TWU Fall 2013 Applicants - page 4
by nanerz13 112,966 Views | 767 Comments
Hello everyone!:wavey: I am starting this thread... a year early. That is how much I want to be accepted into the Fall 2013 BSN program at TWU in Dallas. I am taking my TEAS on August 30 so that if I have to, I can take it... Read More
- 0Quote from carlajeanx3Call the office of admissions - it's the fastest way to get the answer to your question. Also, I think it might take longer because if the application period isn't open like carlajeanx3 said.kkai, it took my application maybe about a week or two to get accepted and my transcripts in and updated. Maybe it takes longer the further into the semester you wait to apply? I applied back in august when the application first opened. Good luck on your TEAS!
- 0Nov 1, '12 by kkaiThank you, carlajeanx3 and nanerz13! I called TWU Denton, and it turned out that I was accepted already! Now, I can take TEAS V, but I was wondering when the application for nursing program open? I thought that you could apply now. But I guess it's not open yet? Then, that means you cannot send the TEAS score although you take it now? I thought I would use the "1st transcript sent for free" to TWU, but if the application is not open yet, I can't do that, can I?
- 0Quote from kkaiYour score will still be sent to TWU regardless of whether application period is open or not. I think it opens in December but that is just what I think I remember my advisor telling me.Thank you, carlajeanx3 and nanerz13! I called TWU Denton, and it turned out that I was accepted already! Now, I can take TEAS V, but I was wondering when the application for nursing program open? I thought that you could apply now. But I guess it's not open yet? Then, that means you cannot send the TEAS score although you take it now? I thought I would use the "1st transcript sent for free" to TWU, but if the application is not open yet, I can't do that, can I?
I was told today the average TEAS V score was an 82%... I think I'm going to retake it. Or maybe take a winter-mester and raise my GPA by .1+
- 0Quote from deerylimeI was tricked by Puny Punnet Squares. I have to figure out how those work...apparently they're pretty easy. Also Math. Must. Study. More.Hey all! I took the TEAS in August as a practice as well. I got a 78.7% and I'm going to definitely take it again. I studied with the study guide they sell in the TWU book store and highly discourage it for anyone else. There were so many typos, especially in chemistry!! I am going to study with the ATI study guide this time. I was also thrown off by the weird plant and atmosphere questions on the TEAS. Did anyone else get questions like these?
Currently I am retaking government, history, and financial and quantitative literacy - and then also pathophysiology. I think most of the people in the patho class applied for Spring 2013.
If I get A's on the classes I'm retaking this semester I'll have a 3.621 GPA and a 4.021 with the bump. I have A's in all the preferences except for A&P2 (shouldn't have taken both A&Ps in the summer!)
Does anyone know if I should apply after I take the TEAS late January? Does it matter if you apply early? I'm sooo nervous even now.
I'm glad there's a forum with people in similar situations. I bet we'll all have stress ulcers by April. Good luck!
- 0Nov 1, '12 by kkaiThanks! That's good to hear. My transcript was in also, but then I noticed that they didn't count intermediate algebra into one of the math requirements for program. I took College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, and Statistical Psychology. When I talked with the counselor before, she sounded that intermediate algebra should be counted as one of the math requirements, and that is why I was not worried about it. Which Math did you all take for TWU?
- 0YOu have to take statistics and qualitative math literacy or is it quantitative? It's all on the main website under BS Program requirements.
BS Admission Requirements - TWU College of Nursing - Texas Woman's University
- 0Nov 2, '12 by carlajeanx3Also, if you are core complete you do not have to take the math analysis. I am getting my associates in spring and because that makes me core complete I also exempt out of taking that extra womens class so I recommend that if you don't already have a degree! And 82 average!? That seems really high! That makes me nervous with my score now too. :/