Texas Nursing Info - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 24, '08 by mauryany body knows where is the best review center for NCLEX - RN here in Lubbock Texas? thank you.
- Jun 8, '08 by labellei have a question, where do i get information about the things LVNs are allowed to do, eg IVs, changing G-tubes, supra-pubic catheters, flushing picc lines, etc
- Jun 8, '08 by bigjohnsmomyou can go to the texas board of nursing site and there should be links that you can follow to get the information that you need.
- Jul 26, '08 by BIGBRO71Once again: How much are they paying the RN in TX?
Hospitals and Homehealth?
- Jul 27, '08 by Bortaz, RNThere is no such thing as a "Texas payrate for RNs". Your question could only ever be answered in generalities. In fact, it has been answered in generalities a few dozen times over the last few weeks, on this very forum.
- Jul 28, '08 by BIGBRO71I know, I know..... But I keep receiving different numbers.... TOO WAY DIFFERENT!
- Jul 28, '08 by Bortaz, RNThat's because different cities, and different employers, offer different pay. You have to contact the employer to know what they offer.
- Oct 4, '08 by StrawberrybutterflyDoes an LVN in Texas have to be "IV Certified". That is with a paper certificate for IV therapy/push for peripheral or central lines? Does anyone know if this is included in the Texas LVN programs? thanks
- Nov 25, '08 by smir953328Quote from StrawberrybutterflyI am looking for information regarding IV certification as well and where it can be obtained. I am currently enrolled with Excelsior College working toward my RN. I have been an LVN for >30 years and have worked at a medical management company for 8 years. I am thinking about going back into the clinical setting to improve my skills and some of the ads I've seen indicate the LVN needing to be IV certified. Anyone have info to share?Does an LVN in Texas have to be "IV Certified". That is with a paper certificate for IV therapy/push for peripheral or central lines? Does anyone know if this is included in the Texas LVN programs? thanks
- Dec 14, '08 by LadyT618Is the Bioterrorism CE requirement still needed for TX RNs? I keep researching and from what I'm finding, it seems that it is no longer needed.
Thanks for any responses.