Tarrant County College Fall 2012 - Page 96Register Today!
- Jul 2, '12 by Elizabeth319I know there was talk about how you all were buying books about a month ago. I was just wondering if anyone ended up purchasing any books yet. I am starting to look around at prices and such but wanted to see where everyone else is at. =)
- Jul 2, '12 by maamcdonaldUm lets see, Foundations book (ebook) and pharm book (hardcopy) thru Amazon, nursing skills component from elsevier, and I'm using an old 2010 drug book that I already had. You can find older editions of the foundations book at Half-Priced Books so you could get some great deals there if you hit them up at the right time. As far as Care Plan books go, does anyone have any recommendations?
- Jul 2, '12 by christin82I haven't bought mine yet, but Amazon has them too. Nursing Dept sent out a CC email today with info regarding the hybrid theory class. There weren't many people on email list so I assume it was only sent to those who were interested in the hybrid class. You have until Fri the 6th to reply accept of decline.
- Jul 2, '12 by vc1478Hmm... it must have been, b/c I put that I wasn't interested in it and I didn't get that email. I'm kind of thinking maybe I should've said I was interested... lol
- Jul 3, '12 by kate0226Bummer! I got an email that said the class was full due to high demand and I was not placed. It also said they would email if a spot became available. Guess I should have rushed the form back quicker to them! Looks like there were about 35 of us that were sent that one. Oh well I know everything works out for a reason but I was hoping to get that class so I could be home with my 3 kiddos more and save a little on childcare. Guess it wasn't meant to be! I am still so excited to find out my schedule and about orientation, one month away! Can't believe it! I will see some of you next week at CPR on the 12th! Excited to meet y'all!
PS I have not purchased books, steth, scrubs or anything yet, except my shoes! I finish up my sum school classes Thurs and plan to get the ball rolling!
- Jul 3, '12 by maamcdonaldKate, sorry to hear that the class was full! I accepted yesterday afternoon and just checked my email but there was no response yet. I wonder if there is more than one hybrid course because my original email shows it was only sent to 25 people, which seems kind of low. Now that I think about it, they probably had to send them out in batches like they did with the acceptance letters.
I hope someone opts out and you're able to get in! You have the right attitude about it though. It's really hard to know at this point what is the best option. I really prefer online classes but part of me thinks it would be beneficial to have more class time with your clinical instructor anyway. Either way, you're gonna rock it! I can hardly believe we're less than a month away til orientation!
- Jul 3, '12 by christin82Sorry that you didn't get it Kate. I'm excited to meet those that are taking the CPR class next week! I didn't realize that orientation was so close! I'm trying to savor this summer and enjoy every day, because I know it's going to be crazy the next 2 years!!
- Jul 3, '12 by kate0226@ maam - I am not positive but I think that there is only one hybrid class. If you look on Webadvisor under RNSG and foundations, there is only one class for 25 people, taught by Mrs. C. I compared the theory class to the clinicals and noticed she taught clinical on Mondays. If the case is that the clinical for the online theory is on Monday then I would have had to switch with someone anyways, because Monday is the one day I hoping not to get clinical. So, I guess we will see.
- Jul 3, '12 by maamcdonaldOh I remember you saying something about that a while back. Looks like it worked out for you afterall!
- Jul 6, '12 by keelsHello! I'm still working on gathering everything, slowly but surely.. It'll be here before we know it!! Less than a month till orientation!
So I'm a little jealous that some if y'all are gonna get to meet each other soon!! Haha. We still need to get together, we only have like 4 wknds left!!