Tarrant County College Fall 2012 - Page 25Register Today!
- Apr 26, '12 by hope122B&Csmom, you crack me up... "until they break down"! I was wondering the same thing about them just sending emails on THE deadline day so in the future, that's what people can expect and they won't call and ask all the time, but when it says May 1 "deadline", it kinda implies that you're probably getting it before that date, ya know?Last edit by hope122 on Apr 26, '12
- Apr 26, '12 by christin82As if waiting on TCC wasn't bad enough, my husband works for Lockheed and the union went on strike Sunday!! Now I get to play the waiting game on that too. Whats really bad about this strike, is that I don't work, so now our income is $0!! I could really use some good news from nursing school right about now.
- Apr 26, '12 by hope122Ok, I just looked at my paperwork and it doesn't say "deadline", it says, "Students who have completed an application will be notified by email regarding their status by May 1st 2012". I think that means the same thing.Christin, I'm so sorry! My husband was laid off from his job at Delta after 9/11. I also was a stay-at-home mom. One of the most stressful times of my life! Maybe the strike will be over soon. Hoping!
- Apr 26, '12 by B&CsmomCaitlyn I am so jealous! We moved here from Orlando almost two years ago now. I used to work for Disney, so if you have any questions I can answer them. Christin, I am so sorry, we left Orlando because the company my husband worked for filed for bankruptcy. Of course they did it at midnight the night before payday. I worked for Disney, but only one day a week so we could go for free. It was the most stressful time of my life. Lets all hope for tomorrow!
- Apr 26, '12 by maamcdonaldOh Christin, I'm genuinely sorry to hear that! My husband flies for American so we're doing the 'wait and see' as well. I left my job with the airlines in part to pursue nursing so I'm not working right now either. It's unsettling but I try to remind myself that God knows everything that's going on and is in complete control. It's a good exercise in faith, just as this wait is a good exercise in patience...and I'll be the first to admit that I'm failing miserably! May 1st can't get here fast enough!
I had the notion that wrapping up the semester and studying for finals would help the time go by less painfully. That definitely has not been the case. My concentration is shot! I just hope we find out before the maymester starts...I'll need every ounce of mental matter and focus then for sure.
Caitlyn- have fun at the Magical Kingdom! I sure hope for your sake you find out before you leave. I can see you telling Mickey to hold for a minute while you check your email! Your kids won't be happy about that! LOL
- Apr 26, '12 by Student213Quote from manowhopefulrnsoonI never used my skills book...not once. But you have to have the online component for it. If you buy the book make sure you get the online access because you have to have it for assignments for class.
For the first semester you will need: Foundations book, pharm book, skills book, med surg book. They also recommend that you buy a care plan book, drug book, med dictionary, lab diagnostic book.
My advice: the med dictionary, drug book and lab diagnostic book are on tcc's library database to use for free! I bought the previous edition of my foundations book for $8 at Half priced books. I bought my pharm and skills book new on majors website (which in hindsight, I would have purchased older versions of those as well). I would invest in a GOOD care plan book because you will use it EVERYDAY in your clinicals.
- Apr 27, '12 by vc1478Thanks Student!!
- Apr 27, '12 by maamcdonaldThx Student! Well, I'm pretty sure if I get in I won't be buying the bundle package, especially since you didn't use the skills book. I went to HPB just to look around and came back with Clinical Calculations Made Easy and a 2009 fundamentals book for $16. I figure most fundamentals books will probably have the same info and it was only $8. Why did I never do this before for my other classes?!? Thanks for the great idea Manow!
- Apr 27, '12 by caitlyn181603Just called TCC. For some reason I am having more and more trouble waiting. I was told if we don't have an email by May 1st then we need to call. That we should have the email by the end of the day on May 1st. I was told they will go out by email and mail. I just wanted to double check because I wasn't certain if they would follow the same procedure. I am kind of surprised that they might send them out early in the week. It seems like several schools have done it on Friday to let people absorb the information while the offices are closed. I guess Friday isn't over yet. I am really hoping for a late in the day today. Has anyone else called and been told the same thing?
- Apr 27, '12 by hope122I would freak out though if everyone was getting emails at the end of the day on a Friday and I didn't get one. You wouldn't be able to find out what the prob is 'til Monday. That would be torture!!
I'm glad someone has the guts to call, I certainly don't. Thanks for letting us know