Tarrant County College Fall 2012 - Page 22Register Today!
- Wow, those are all great GPA's! I sure hope we all get in! Did anyone apply elsewhere or is TCC your first choice?
- hi! i only applied to tcc. i applied to weatherford last semester, but i had a c in one of my classes and i also hadn't taken chemistry yet so i wasn't able to apply to tcc at that point, but i knew it was a long shot at weatherford b/c of the c, and i didn't do very well on the teas test (which is much harder than the hesi) so of course i didn't get accepted (lol). so this semester i only applied to tcc, which was my first choice anyway, over weatherford. i also think i would need a few more classes to be able to apply to universities, so i didn't even try to do that (even though everyone said i should). tcc is just so much cheaper, and i want to be able to start working asap, and then while i'm working continue to go to school to get my bachelor's and maybe after that become a crna or crnp. who knows what the future holds or if i'll even have an interest in that later on.
did you apply anywhere else?
- Yeah, I applied to UTA, Midwestern State, and TCC.. Unfortunately, I didn't get in UTA which I was a little surprised because my GPA was high enough (or at least I thought so)--3.75 science and 3.65 overall. I thought I would at least get waitlisted, if not accepted. But I did get accepted to Midwestern State. I'm still deciding on where I should go. I don't really know much about MSU's nursing program so right now I'm just asking other students about MSU's program and TCC's.. Like what would they do if they had to decide between those two schools.
- Apr 25, '12 by JustJackie1985TCC was the only place I applied to! I hadnt completed some of the required courses to apply at other schools so, that is why I went ahead and picked TCC. I did take some classes this semester that would contribute better to being accepted at other universities and also help complete my BSN. It has been so stressful waiting this long to know! I kept trying to stay calm, but it has been this last week mainly that has gotten to me. All these other schools have notified their students and I check my email every hour to see if today will be the day! Good luck to all of you!
- I don't really know much about Midwestern State, but what I have heard has been really good. If I had the opportunity, and could afford it financially, I would pick the BSN program, just so I would already be done and not have to go back to get it after my ADN...IMOLast edit by vc1478 on Apr 25, '12
- Apr 25, '12 by kate0226I agree that I would go for your BSN if you have the chance. That would be my choice if I could afford it! TCC is cheap, and a program that has an awesome reputation for being one of the best around here, even if it is just an ASN program. All my eggs are in TCC's basket but if I had an option to go for straight for my BSN, I would. Good luck Diamond with what you decide on!
I am so over waiting to hear.. I am getting a bad attitude about it, lol! I know they have to have their list done! It is like they are just waiting just to wait!! lol (not really - I don't know anything, but it makes me feel better to think I am always right!)
- Apr 25, '12 by caitlyn181603I called today and was told notices will be sent out the first week of May. This was kind of different because up until this point, except for the nursing advisor who told me March, I was told "in May". Really hoping that next week will bring the answers we're all waiting for! Actually, I'm still hoping for this week!! Hoping for a "Thursday" email lol.
- Kate, I've been feeling the same way. I guess that's more normal than I thought! Lol it's hard when so many other schools have already told their applicants and we are still waiting, and really don't know for sure when we'll find out... I just don't understand why last application period they told them in a month, and it's almost 2 months for us, what is different this time around? It's just nice to be able to vent to people who are going through the same thing, who understand! Please TCC don't make us wait too much longer!!!
- Thanks Kate. Thanks vc1478 for the information on msu. I guess I was just worried because I didn't know much about the university and how their nursing program is compared to other schools but your information definitely helped. I guess I was just having a hard time picking the right school because I want to go to a school that provides the best education with the best clinical experiences, and you actually learn whether it's in the classroom or a clinical setting. But I think that's what I'm going to do.- go for my BSN first and then if I decide to do masters, then do a NP or CNS degree online.
Good luck to everyone who applied to TCC. I hope everyone gets accepted!
Also, something that I found out recently is if anyone wants to apply to another nursing program for the Fall 2012 semester, Mountain View College is accepting applications. Their deadline is June 7th so anyone that wants to apply, there is still time. They accept the hesi and I can't remember any other requirements but just click on the link below.
MVC Nursing Program Admission Requirements
Hope this information was helpful!
- Apr 25, '12 by Elizabeth319I just found this website today and its nice to see that i'm not the only one who is going crazy waiting! I have been counting down the days until May 1st and hope we find out then (if not sooner). The counselor i saw when i turned in my application said it could be the first of may or the last of may. She said there was no telling and she did not know too much else about it. Trying to keep myself busy and hope my scores are good enough!! Good luck to everyone!!