Spring 2013 El Centro College ADNRegister Today!
- by MorganB May 21, '12Hi everyone!
I was just wondering were there any others who were applying for Spring 2013. I was in nursing school many moons ago (2003 el centro), and have decided to take care of unfinished business. I'm super excited about the new points system. I actually hope to attend Northlake--we live in Coppell. I'll be taking HPRS 1204 this summer there as well. Is anyone else petitioning the five year limit on their science courses? I Have all the Science courses complete except HPRS so I'm petitioning since I majored in Biology (UTA). I'm also hoping they will take my Calculus I in lieu of college algerbra. Lots to do! Prayerful that God shows favor on us all!
- May 25, '12 by MorganBHi Crys! No, I only have 8 extra points, I never took stats. I'm not sure if it would be a smart move to take it or not. What campus are you hoping to attend? I'm a little nervous about the HPRS 1204 Class this summer. How is it?
- May 26, '12 by 2bAgr8RNI also plan on applying this term. I prefer to attend the El Centro campus. The new point system will also be in my favor to as well.
- May 28, '12 by Wyrm74HPRS 1204 is easy and also pretty fun. Nothing to worry about! I would go ahead and take stats this fall and get it out of the way so that you can proceed straight to your BSN after finishing your ADN. More and more hospitals are moving away from hiring ADN's at all, and in the future it looks like a BSN will be required! You do NOT want to be messing with that class (stats) while you are in nursing school, so just get it out of the way while you have spare time (well, IF you have spare time that is!).
Good luck, I start at El Centro in the fall of this year.
- May 28, '12 by MorganBCongrats on your acceptance! I guess I will take stats but I really don't want to lol sad huh. Yes I've heard of the bsn requirement just seems crazy with the nursing shortage and all but hey I'll play the game.
- May 28, '12 by thomasphanGood luck Morgan! I think 25 will be the minimum point you should strike for. Make sure to have EVERYTHING in your app packet completed before turning it in.
- May 28, '12 by Crysj06I would also go ahead & take stats Morgan. It really wasn't that bad. I made an A and I'm horrible at Math!! I'm excited about the HPRS class this summer. I'm nervous about the Anatomy section of the HESI!
- May 29, '12 by thomasphanQuote from Crysj06My best advice is to take the test as many as possible and write down the questions because some of them will repeat! That's how I made 100 on AP section lol.I would also go ahead & take stats Morgan. It really wasn't that bad. I made an A and I'm horrible at Math!! I'm excited about the HPRS class this summer. I'm nervous about the Anatomy section of the HESI!