Seeking HCF list in McKinney - Allen - Plano AreaRegister Today!
- by emilyramos Aug 22, '11Hello!
I just moved from California. I have a special situation right now. I am a GN from an ADN program. I will be testing here for my California NCLEX RN. It will be a couple of months before I am eligible to work as a RN.
I am seeking a comprehensive list of the Health Care Facilties (with contact info) that hire LVN's that also hire RNs in the North Dallas area 30 mile radius from Allen.
I have the ability to do this research myself but if anyone here happens to have a list they would like to share I would be very appreciative. I am open to anything that can enrich me as a new grad.
Also, I have been doing searches on maps.google and the yellow pages but there is so much fluff in there it is time consuming to weed out the irrelevant data. If anyone has any suggestions where I could seek out all these facilities I am open to suggestions.
Just thought I would give this a shot to see if it produces anything.
added: The list could be as simple as a list of Nursing homes or people who provide Hospice services.
I am doing research to find every nursing home in my location here in the McKinney - Allen area. I am doing a search for "Nursing Homes." Not getting a good list.
Does anyone know of a better keyword I could use? Maybe "Skilled Nursing" or "Rehab"
- Aug 23, '11 by TheCommuter1. long term care facility
2. skilled nursing facility
3. rehab center
4. rehabilitation center
5. health and rehab
6. care center
7. LTC facility
8. extended care facility
9. intermediate care facility
10. center of rehabilitation
P.S. - I have worked at multiple nursing homes, and not one has carried the title of 'nursing home' due to the stigma involved.
- Aug 23, '11 by TheCommuterBy the way, what part of CA are you from? I was born and raised in Ventura County and have been living in the DFW area for the past six years.
- I'm from Kansas but I lived in Pasadena (old town) for 1 year, Santa Anna for 1 year where I got my LVN and I spent a few years in San Jose Ca. which is the south bay (where I got my ADN). I must say, I love the San Fernando Valley the best. My husband is a contractor so we were moving around. Hope to make North Texas our home!