San Antonio College Spring 2012 - page 2
by Rainy Day 17,192 Views | 82 Comments
Hi all! It's getting to be that time again. Where we eagerly wait for a reply from the nursing school. I read on the official SAC Nursing page on Facebook that we should be notified no later than October 1st of our status. ... Read More
- 0Sep 21, '11 by Rainy Dayroberts27, I think they would first look at people who have completed all their pre-requisites at the time of the deadline. For me, that's what had happened in the past. I still needed to take Micro and had a full semester to finish before nursing classes would have started. I think that's why I wasn't accepted before.
- 0I was in the same situation last semester so instead of taking a semester off, I am currently taking pre-requisites for my bachelors degree. That way once I am done with my Associates, I can automatically begin getting my bachelors degree. I know most of the programs require Chem II, Comp Lit, Nutrition and Health and Wellness.
- 0Sep 22, '11 by alexisarcegr and sduncan86, how is everything going? I was online all day yesterday trying to line everything up (CPR class, lab to do my TB test and titers, etc...) Will hopefully make a trip to San Antonio in the next couple of months so I can go visit the campus...it looks huge!!! One step at a time...havent slept at all this week, so nervous already!
- 0I have been doing that today. Cannot even get fingerprinting done until next week. Scheduling drug testing and CPR now and going in on Monday for TB and flu shot. I understand the nervousness. I think I'm nervous because I do not want to miss getting something done. The campus is big but the nursing school is all located within the same building. Did you get in for Flex I starting in January?
- 0Sep 22, '11 by sduncan86Quote from alexisarI've set up fingerprinting for next Friday. Now I just need the TB test and CPR class.cegr and sduncan86, how is everything going? I was online all day yesterday trying to line everything up (CPR class, lab to do my TB test and titers, etc...) Will hopefully make a trip to San Antonio in the next couple of months so I can go visit the campus...it looks huge!!! One step at a time...havent slept at all this week, so nervous already!
I know what you mean about not sleeping! I'm so excited that I've been researching like crazy!
Have either of you heard about MasterTrain for CPR cert in SA? They have a class almost everyday of the week! It's $50 but super convenient.
I'm also psyched that they changed the uniforms! No more all white- now its royal blue tops and black pants
- 0Sep 22, '11 by alexisarI am still in Houston, so doing my CPR etc here...found a place for around $40 down the road. Having a really tough time figuring out where to go for the TB test, boosters and titers...called my insurance and they wont cover it...I am SO mad ...for the $800 a month we pay you would think they would cover it! Trying my pediatricians office again (had tried last year but no luck...I am 36 so my records are really old.) Fingerprinting is set up for next Wed, so it will be nice to have at least one thing checked off this massive to-do list.
Im excited about the scrubs too, I already started shopping around and have seen some really cute stuff (5 pocket cargo scrub bottoms and a cute little wrap top with longer sleeves...have a couple of tattoo's I need to cover.)
Keep me up to date with what is going on! I am planning a visit in November to check on the status of our new house and visit the campus so maybe we can all get together for coffee?