Prairie View Spring 2014 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by lalacb123 Jul 10Anyone else applying to Prairie View for Spring 2014 semester? How far are you in the process? Just wanted to make a thread for us to support each other along the way. Good luck to all the applicants!
- 35,320 Views
- Hello lalabc123,
Tomorrow, I am going to PV to take all my papers, also I am going to ask about the volunteer hours. Good Luck
- Hey Lalabc123,
I went to PV today to drop off all my papers, and I found out that we need three letters of recommendation. One from a Professor, the other from an agency from your community service, and the last one from a supervisor Ms. Anderson was not there, so I could not spoke with someone. I called Dr. Smith and left a voicemail telling her" that in the website only said TWO lettes of recommendation." It is always something with PV, is like you need to be in top of everything. I will call on Monday again, and I will let you know as soon as possible.
- Wow, you've got to be kidding me! 3 letters? A supervisor from where? My job? or what? *sigh* Please let me know, I would appreciate it.
- Yeah, from your job. However, I am going to complain because in the list only said TWO letters. So, she told me that they are going to put my papers on hold until I take that letter. I will call Dr. Smith on Monday and see what she says. It seems like they are not in the same page, they always say different things.
- That's very frustrating. They should have stated that we need three letters of recommendation on the website. I hope they realize that we are paying money for them to process our applications and that they need to be better organized. This is ridiculous.
- Seems like they're making up requirements as they go.
- I know, but I spoke with Dr. Williams two weeks ago and told me that they only need two letters one from your Professor and other from your agent of community service OR personal. The problem was that nobody was today in PV, only the secretary . I am thinking in applying Sam Houston and TWU as another resource, but I have been spending so much money in all the processes and applications that I am so frustrating...
- I'm going to wait until Ms. A sends me the e-mail with all my submitted documents. If she states that I need an additional LOR, then I'll provide one. If not, my applicatation is complete.Last edit by lalacb123 on Jul 12