Parkland Critical Care and Trauma Internship 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Did you also apply to Baylor's ER? I haven't heard from them either but I know they were sending out rejection letters to people within days of applying. So hopefully no news is good news for Baylor. As for Parkland good luck at your interview! I really want to get into the critical care and trauma program! That would be awesome if we all got it Or even just a job in general at this point. This waiting game is just awful!
- I did. I applied to Baylor NICU, ED and ICU. So far, I have only heard from the NICU for a phone screening next week. I work in the Baylor Garland ED, and the director told me that it usually takes some time for the nurse recruiters to filter through the apps, and that he had just scheduled the first interview for this week; although, I am fairly certain that it was with an internal candidate who already works there. They have four slots open in their June internship. I'm keeping the faith that no news is good news. So far, the only rejection letter I have gotten was for THR ED.
The NIP is definitely my first choice....I have been dying for a spot since I first found out about it in Oct 2010. I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully they finish with the interviews early and maybe we can get word before mid-April!
- I also got rejected from THR ED. I hope that we maybe both get the chance to be in that internship! Let me know if you hear more about Parkland or Baylor ED interviews and I will do the same! Thank you for all of your information- it has been extremely helpful
- Yeah...I know lots of people who got rejected from THR. They must have already had people in mind. I will keep you posted, and good luck to you, too!
- I got your PM Shannon, and I typed up a long response...and it doesn't look like it sent....did you get it?
- Yes, I did! Thank you
- Apr 3, '12 by stephie474hey everyone! I interviewed for the Critical Care and Trauma internship on Friday. I think they said by the 2nd week of April we should all know something. Has anyone heard anything yet?
- Apr 4, '12 by Shannon NicoleQuote from stephie474I'm not sure if you can PM. But I got offered a position last Tuesday in the Critical Care and Trauma Nurse Internship. I was reading a previous post of how they did it last year. And from what I'm reading it looks like they are calling people in waves. Meaning, they are calling a few at a time and rejected a large number at a time and going down the list. The people that seemed to call in that post all got rejected. I do not know if that was coincidence or not. So I would not do that until mid April. It says on the website that those who try to talk to hiring managers that it will regressively impact their job opportunities.hey everyone! I interviewed for the Critical Care and Trauma internship on Friday. I think they said by the 2nd week of April we should all know something. Has anyone heard anything yet?
This is what I found: "Ok I got antsy and called Parkland to check my status for the internship and the recruiter said she received a list of people who were selected and not selected today. It contained only 5 people who were chosen and I don't know how many that weren't. She called everyone from that list already. She will be getting another list tomorrow. Lets take comfort in the fact that we weren't on the first list of people who weren't excepted." I know when I accepted they gave me two days to decline or accept the offer. So if everyone is taking up to two days I can see how this is going to last until mid April!!!! Please keep me updated as I would love to get to know the other people in my cohort
Check out http://allnurses.com/texas-nurses/cr...129-page6.html
for how they did it last year
Hope that helps!
- Apr 6, '12 by cmcervantesTried PMing you, txiap, but I think your inbox is full.
Just think...we should know something (hopefully) by the end of next week. A friend of mine called to check status, because she got another job offer, and had a deadline to accept it. They told her she wasn't selected, so it seems that they have some idea of who they want...or at least who they don't want. Maybe you're onto something with your theory that calling is a bad idea, Shannon.
I guess I am sticking to my "no news is good news" philosophy for the time being. Anything from CP or MICU yet?
- Apr 7, '12 by stephie474Has anyone else gotten any calls yet on the Critical Care Trauma Internship? I'm starting to get nervous!