Moving to Abilene, Tx!Register Today!
- by Earthnurse5 Nov 8, '12Hi All!
I am moving out to Abilene at the end of this month. We will be renting a place. I have a job at Hendrick Medical Center and will be working in the OR. That being said, I will have call which requires 30 min. response time.
We have kids and dogs and would like a home with acreage. My question is: does anyone live in outside areas like Buffalo gap or Hawley? What are your commute times? Also, any advice on best places to look for rentals? Safety wise?
Thanks in advance!!
- Nov 8, '12 by Earthnurse5anyone? lol! Just curious about the commute.
- Nov 27, '12 by Lovinlife12I'm sure you have a lot figured out by now but if you have any other questions I'd be happy to help if I can. ;-)
- Nov 27, '12 by lovinlife11I was trying to figure out why I would have commented on this thread only to realize it was not me! Hi lovinlife12!!
- Nov 28, '12 by Earthnurse5Thanks lovinlife12! We are here and loving Abilene. Can't wait to start work. If I think of any other questions I will definitely message you.
- Nov 30, '12 by Aggie RNSo where did you end up living? I'm interested in one day moving to the area and I've been randomly looking on-line at homes. The Buffalo Gap area looks appealing. FM 89 south west of Abilene is a pretty area too.
- Dec 5, '12 by Earthnurse5Hi Aggie RN! We ended up in Abilene. Closer to shopping and amenities. The commute is a breeze compared to Ca! Yes SW area is nice!