Medical City Dallas Hospital Internship Feb 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 11 by Niki_RNCongratulations everyone!! I will also be working in a tele unit.
- Jan 11 by RN_Ree2012Quote from mia7272Yes we will definitely have to share our experiences with each other yay congrats I am so happy you found something. As far as the interview I guess you could see if you really wanted to work at Parkland.Thank you for the comment. Recently, I had an interview with one of HCA hospitals. And they gave me an offer. I will be working at PCU department. same as you so, let's share some good information later on. And also, a few days ago, I got a phone call from parkland for an interview as well. I don't know whether I go or not since I got an offer from other hospital. Finally, we all get a job as Graduate RN. I sincerely hope that we all begin our first nursing career as RN successfully! Yay! )
- Jan 11 by Niki_RNQuote from RN_Ree2012No, I never got a response from them. It's not for me I guess. I was sad but I'm still glad I have a job I'm very happy for you though. I hope you enjoy your stay there. Med City is a one of the best hospitals in DFW and I'm sure you will learn a lot and will gain positive experiences.Yay congrats!!! Did you ever hear back from Medical city?
On the brighter side, I will start my training beginning of February. The hospital I will be working for also offers extensive training, people are also very nice, and they offer good benefits. The only downside is it's a little far from where we live (which is why I preferred Med City).
We can definitely share experiences, tips and resources once we start training. Just PM me.
- Jan 17 by RN_Ree2012Quote from Niki_RNIt's a bummer that you never heard back from them. I am glad you accepted the offer at the other facility and they are willing to extensively train you. Everyone has to start somewhere and you never know the impact you will have on your future patients. You were meant to bethere and once you gain experience it will be so much easier to find something in DFW whenever you are ready. Good luck with everything and I will definitely PM youwhenever I startNo, I never got a response from them. It's not for me I guess. I was sad but I'm still glad I have a job I'm very happy for you though. I hope you enjoy your stay there. Med City is a one of the best hospitals in DFW and I'm sure you will learn a lot and will gain positive experiences. On the brighter side, I will start my training beginning of February. The hospital I will be working for also offers extensive training, people are also very nice, and they offer good benefits. The only downside is it's a little far from where we live (which is why I preferred Med City). We can definitely share experiences, tips and resources once we start training. Just PM me.
- Feb 12 by RanibuCould someone tell me when Medical City posts their internships? I graduate May 2013, and I've been looking at their website with no luck. Any help is appreciated!
- Apr 23 by AllyRN82To everyone who did not hear back from Medical City- consider it a blessing. After being a nurse for 5 years, and venturing out of Medical City, I can say I did most of my learning from other hospitals. They are crotchety old nurses with crotchety old doctors set in their ways. It's not a supportive environment, and honestly a terrible way to start your career. I stayed 4 years too long, and would hate to see any of you make the same mistakes. Baylor University Medical Center was the best, most educational, most supportive internship and career. I am now traveling and absolutely love it. Most of my experience and education came after my time at Medical City Dallas.
Please stay positive about your nursing journey, and don't waste one more minute on Medical City Dallas.
- Oct 13 by TexanNurseYeeHawHey ALly! Im so sorry about your experience! Can you please tell me what unit you worked on? I recently got hired but im still a bit skeptic about accepting the position. We havent started yet. Can you please let me know more info?? I really want to work at Baylor and just got an interview for there too. Ive heard good and bad things from Med City. Please let me know?
- Oct 13 by NoSweethrtOfTheRodeoI also got hired at Medical City (provided I pass NCLEX this Friday (prayers please). I was a but skeptical too. But after talking with the Nurse Manager on the unit, it seemed to be a general consensus among a lot of the units they want to hire young nurses to bring some new life into the units. The particular one I was hired at will be moving to a newly renovated wing next year and the hospital is launching a new computer charting system. So, I also look at it like they are trying to take steps in a positive direction (based on what the nay-Sayers are out telling)
- Oct 13 by BriterzDoes anyone know when they post their applications for internships that start in Feb?