LVN Pay for New Grad in Houston, Texas with NO experienceRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LVN Pay for New Grad in Houston, Texas with NO experience in Texas Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hello Everyone!!! I just passed NCLEX & I'm just starting my job search. :nurse: I am in the...by BigButtNurse May 3, '11Hello Everyone!!!
I just passed NCLEX & I'm just starting my job search. I am in the Houston, Texas area & I have no experience in health care at all. I have a friend who went to an LTAC & was started with $22.50 an hour (he had no experience). I interviewed with a guy last week who was offering $19.00. The question I have is: What is a good starting salary for an LVN in Houston, Texas?
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=560705©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 14,342 Views
- May 3, '11 by classicdamedepends on your local market. Really. Sometimes facilities will post a range of salaries.
- May 3, '11 by punkydoodlesRN1st job just 2 weeks after grad - $22 base with $4 shift dif. - Psych facility
2nd job 8 mo later - $15 base. $2.50 shift diff. - Hospital
My first interview (didn't take the job) was $17.00 - pedi home health
Took a pay drop, but started doing what *wanted* to do, and that was worth it for me.
ETA: I think my classmates are ranging from 16 - 21 an hour - they vary from MD office, nursing home, and prison work. LVNs don't get paid much around here - and aren't often hired in acute care. - Good luck!Last edit by punkydoodlesRN on May 4, '11
- May 4, '11 by nurse.sandiI am a RN and was offered a $25.00 an hour travel job in Texas. What a slap in the face. So, I can not see making more than that. Just saying..Good luck.
- May 4, '11 by TeleNurse2010Quote from nurse.sandiI know someone who is a LPN and was offered $26 traveling job in Dallas, TX, so that is a slap in the face.I am a RN and was offered a $25.00 an hour travel job in Texas. What a slap in the face. So, I can not see making more than that. Just saying..Good luck.
- May 4, '11 by caliotter3I think it is a slap in the face when I find out CNAs are paid more than a licensed nurse. And it does happen.
- May 19, '11 by avon42Hi Nurse Kissy, I will be going to Houston, Texas next week. I just wanted to find out where your friend got hired for 22.50 with no experience. I am a new LVN with no experience too and will be looking for work.
Punkydoodles, where did you get hired as an LVN with no experience. I was just wondering maybe I could go to these places and try my luck.
- Oct 6, '11 by nnurse27Any word on this?
- Oct 6, '11 by avon42nnurse 27,
I got hired at cypress creek hospital it is on Cali Drive off 1960
- Oct 7, '11 by nnurse27Thanks for the feedback