LPN-RN Programs in North Texas
- 0Jul 14, '07 by niceguytxHey,
Does anyone know of any other LPN-RN programs in North Texas? The only one I have found so far is at Vernon College.
- 0Jul 14, '07 by dustydawntxhttp://allnurses.com/forums/f175/bro...ew-234014.html
that is a thread to read. In Denton( where I am ) TWU and North Central Texas College, both offer nursing courses. If you are looking at different areas look at the community colleges. Collin county, Tarrent county,Denton county and Wise county all have at least one college that is offering nursing. Good lucky,Dusty
- 0Jul 14, '07 by txspadequeenRN, BSN, RNlvn to rn programs ..okie dokie here we go..
tarrant county - brand new first class started this summer
hill- johnson county campus
tarleton state- lvn to bsn
weatherford lvn to adn
twu , tcu and uta does not have a bridge program.
Quote from niceguytxhey,
does anyone know of any other lpn-rn programs in north texas? the only one i have found so far is at vernon college.
robertLast edit by txspadequeenRN on Jul 16, '07
- 1Jul 16, '07 by TheCommuter, ASN, RN Senior ModeratorI happen to live in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, where many LVN-to-RN bridge programs exist. Here's a list of all of the bridge programs that I can think of in DFW, North Texas, and East Texas:
1. Tarrant County College, Fort Worth (LVN-to-RN)
2. El Centro College, Dallas (LVN-to-RN)
3. Brookhaven College, Farmers Branch (LVN-to-RN)
4. Tarleton State University, Stephenville (LVN-to-BSN)
5. Weatherford College, Weatherford (LVN-to-RN)
6. Hill College, Cleburne (LVN-to-RN)
7. Navarro College, Corsicana (LVN-to-RN)
8. Trinity Valley Community College, Kaufman (LVN-to-RN)
9. North Central Texas College, Gainesville (LVN-to-RN)
10. Northeast Texas Community College, Mount Pleasant (LVN-to-RN)
11. Grayson County College, Denison (LVN-to-RN)
12. Paris Junior College, Paris (LVN-to-RN)
13. Angelina College, Jasper (LVN-to-RN)
14. Texarkana College, Texarkana (LVN-to-RN)
15. Cisco Junior College, Abilene (LVN-to-RN)
16. Angelo State University, San Angelo (LVN-to-RN)
17. McLennan College, Waco (LVN-to-RN)
There are many more of these bridge program in Texas, but this is all I can think of at the moment. I hope this is useful.
- 0Jul 17, '07 by niceguytxQuote from dustydawntxHi,NCTC, TWU, MWSU. can you be a little more clear of where you are moving to Dallas Ft.worth Arlington, Denton
Thanks for all the school names. I will actually be about 50 miles southwest of Wichita Falls. I have not been able to find many links on line in the area for jobs.
- 0Jul 27, '07 by TheCommuter, ASN, RN Senior ModeratorQuote from ct1txYes, I'm sure that Brookhaven College offers an LVN-to-RN bridge program. In fact, it is a somewhat new program that started in late 2005.Are you sure about Brookhaven I was on there website and I couldnt find anything on LVN to RN bridge. I graduate the LVN program in one week and I am really interested in bridging over.
- 0Jul 31, '07 by txspadequeenRN, BSN, RNbrookhaven only has a generic rn program . el centro is the only campus that offers the lvn to rn bridge.
Quote from thecommuteryes, i'm sure that brookhaven college offers an lvn-to-rn bridge program. in fact, it is a somewhat new program that started in late 2005.