Looking for students who are applying to Brookhaven in Fall 2012 to start Spring 2013 - Page 11Register Today!
- Dec 13, '12 by JosephQueenIf anyone is still needing an affordable option for a physical exam, Richardson Walk-in Clinic on Campbell does the full physical for $49. Compared to the $150 and up charged most everywhere else, you can't beat this. The doctor was courteous and quick. I was in and out in fifteen minutes.
- Thank you so much, Joseph! I definitely can use that break. BTW, don't buy scrubs yet. They have changed that from before; everyone has to buy them from Majors.
Also, Ms. Klocko has already opened Blackboard
- Dec 13, '12 by JosephQueenHas anyone gotten their books yet? What is the bundle price? We are allowed to look for them used are we not? I wonder whether the 9th edition is absolutely critical or not; the 8th edition is a great deal less expensive.Last edit by JosephQueen on Dec 13, '12 : Reason: added question
- Yes, you can buy used books. The bundles is $650 at the BHC bookstore $120 for Fundamentals. You also can rent the Fundamentals.
- The Foundations instructor let us use the 8th edition or the 9th edition this past semester. I'm sure she will let your class do the same. There isn't a big difference between the 8th and 9th editions either.
I would email her and ask first though just to be sure.
Also, I wonder why your book package for 1st semester is alot cheaper than what we had to pay for it. Our first semester book package was over $800 on top of the foundations book and skills lab kit.
- Dec 13, '12 by LaffitteI asked the same question about the cost of the bundle... Apparently they had previous semesters purchase a larger bundle of books at one time but for our class they are breaking them up some. So we will eventually pay the same, if not more, for all the books. We just do it over a few extra purchases.
- That's cool!
Did you guys find out who you have for clinical already?
- Yes, the schedule was sent to us. I am with Ms. K. at BUMC.Last edit by SA2009 on Dec 13, '12 : Reason: reworded
- Oh Ms. K is very nice!! I haven't had her but everyone I know that has has great things to say about her!
- I'm so glad to hear that. What was your first day of clinicals like?