Interview at MD Anderson. Im so nervous!Register Today!
- by Cindyrella Oct 24, '11Hi everyone!
So Im happy to say that MD Anderson Cancer Hospital in Houston, TX contacted me for an interview with HR tomorrow. I just recently graduated from nursing school in August and this is my first "big" interview. This is my DREAM hospital. While in nursing school, I was really interested in pediatrics. Especially pediatric oncology. I am also interested in breast cancer care.
I'm just so nervous for the interview! I don't want to blow it. I feel like I don't have any interesting or personal stories to share about cancer, since thankfully no one in my family has had cancer. I just love working with children and while in clinical, working on the peds oncology floor was my favorite. And I like breast cancer care, because I got involved with a lot of volunteer events what really enlightened me about breast cancer.
I just want to stand out to the recruiter and show her how much I want to work there and not look like some new grad hoping to get a job anywhere. This hospital is my #1 choice. I just hope I can articulate it effectively and my nerves don't take over.
What should I expect from a HR interview?
I could really use some advice from anyone who works at MD Anderson and knows what to expect from them. A little help pretty please redpinkhe
- Oct 24, '11 by CindyrellaI'm sorry for all the spelling and grammatical errors! I wrote this really quickly and I'm headed out the door, but I really could use some advice!
- Oct 25, '11 by TheguyRNHmm,
Well I don't work there, but I did interview and got offered a position when I first graduated.
As anyone will tell you be yourself. When I interviewed it was with the Recruiter first and then if you passed her it was with the nursing managers of the unit... So I had two interviews...
Basically they asked me
1.) A time where i went above and beyond my duty
2.) Most memorable experience with a patient.
I don't really remember the rest its been 1.5 years >.< haha but the interview was stress free, I just felt like I was talking to a friend no crazy hard questions.
Good Luck! Wow them!
- Oct 26, '11 by CindyrellaThanks so much! I have my second interview on Friday and I'm really nervous now! LOL. I hope everything goes well
So, did they offer you a position the day of the interview or did they call you on a different day?
Well thanks again for responding, it really helps to know that the panel interview is not that stressful.
- Feb 4, '12 by nurse-to-be-2012Hey Cindyrella! I will be interviewing with HR this coming week....do you have any recommendations for the interview since u recently went through it?? I would really appreciate it!
- Feb 6, '12 by Yan258I also received a call from HR today, will be interviewing this week. Any one has any commendations for the HR interview? Thank you so much in advance.