HCC LVN applicants.. please helpRegister Today!
- by FutureNurseDanielle Jun 23, '12I just recieved my letter to interview with houston community colleges lvn program... I'll have to bring some documents to the interview but im not quite sure exactly what theyre asking of me to do about one of the documents theyre requesting... the part im confused about reads as follows:::
Write a 2-3 page typed narrative summary based on an interview with an lvn who is currently practicing nursing in the state of texas....
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????????? What EXACTLY is the paper supposed to be about. someone please help. my interview is quickly approaching and i just need a little clarity on the topic im expected to write about, i dont know if im over thinking it or maybe they left out something or misworded something... PLEASE REPLY! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
- Jun 24, '12 by JustBeachyNurseMoved to TX state nursing programs to elicit more response
- Jun 26, '12 by Divanurse to beHey, I will be there on July 2nd also, what I did was come up with several questions and interviewed a working LVN, after I did that I took the info and turned into a paper like Mrs Na said " yada yada yada" she also stated yada yada yada, just write it like its a paper and use correct quotes and punctuation the hardest part to me is coming up with reference letters in such a short time, does this mean we got in?
- Jun 27, '12 by FutureNurseDanielleThanks so much for replying! It doesnt OFFICIALLY mean we got in (but) 9 times out of ten we did. this girl im taking a class with is an lvn and went to hcc... she said once u meet all the criteria (which we did ) they pretty much base acceptance on how much they like u at your interview... and one of the counselors there told me they dont interview everyone who applies. so be optimistic! :-) u can go to an old job or high school and get letters from a former co-worker or teacher....
- Jun 28, '12 by Divanurse to beThanks, Im just really nervous about the interview and about the questions they might ask and if they accept 100 people each semester (I think) how are they going to interview us all in one day? But one of my teachers who wrote my letters introduced me to her class as a newly accepted lvn student soooo Im thinking we got in and this is an information session
- Jun 30, '12 by FutureNurseDanielleMrs ******* said theres gonna be nine people interviewing us... not like nine people all interviewing one person at a time like an interragation lol, but nine different people each interviewing one seperate person at a time. we will only have to interview with one person. (i think) Dont be nervous! Just pray! Youll do fine! :-)Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jun 30, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names
- Jul 1, '12 by Divanurse to beGirl I know!!! Cuz I dont know NOBODY up there! Lol and I will need a study buddy but I will be there around 11 trying to get there early to relax!!! Lol
- Jul 2, '12 by FutureNurseDanielleMe too! See you there! #teamlvn2012! Whoop Whoop! lol
- Jul 3, '12 by Divanurse to beThat interview was too easy! I just hated we sat there all that time just for a one minute interview!