gpa calculation for graduation at ut houston
- 0Jun 20, '10 by trishajleeWill the prerequisite courses needed to get into UT houston affect gpa at graduation, or will it be disreguarded once in accepted into the nursing program?
- 4,244 Visits
- 0Jun 21, '10 by RNTutorI don't know about UT specifically, but in general any class you take at a college will count toward your GPA if you end up getting a degree there. If you took the pre-reqs somewhere else and are transferring them to the school where you will ultimately be getting your nursing degree then they probably won't count towards your GPA.
But there are lots of other things to think about, too. If the grade is too low, it might not transfer to another school (depends on the school's guidelines for transfer credit). Also, if the grades are too low you might have a tough time getting into nursing school.
And when you graduate, 2 GPAs are typically reported on your transcript: 1 for your overall GPA (all classes), and 1 GPA just for your Major (nursing classes only).
- 0Nov 2, '10 by la la 22Quote from trishajleeI'm a student at UT Houston and as far as I know, GPA prior to nursing school is disregarded. The GPA we can access online is only the classes you take during nursing school.Will the prerequisite courses needed to get into UT houston affect gpa at graduation, or will it be disreguarded once in accepted into the nursing program?
- 0Nov 10, '11 by la la 22Quote from roxy1986I just graduated from UTHouston. Just from talking to other PV students: They unanimously say that they prepare you well but you gotta learn most of it on your own. I hear more negative comments from other PV students than I do from UTH students. Hope that helps..lala I was wondering if you are still attending UT-Houston nursing program, I got accepted into PV and UT for spring 2012. I wanted to know what do you think of UT-Houston program?
- 0Nov 10, '11 by roxy1986thank you lala for replying, I really appreciated!
My friends and family are advising me to go to UT.
My main concern is that the program is for 2 1/2 semester. ( I am correct?) I know nursing school is difficult, I guess the reason why I am freaking out is because the most classes I have taken, when I was pursuing my AA, is 5 classes/semester.
Can you give me some advice on their curriculum?
- 0Nov 11, '11 by hopefulprayers1@lala idk if you can remember, but you're first semester at uth was it challenging? Did you attend clincals in your first semester? And how are the professors? Are they helpful or do they tell you to read and they just test you on the material without a lecture or class discussion? And also, would you happen to know the student to teacher ratio?